Chapter Thirty- Five- A Great Way to Ruin a Great Day

Beka's POV-

By the time Mischief and I rode into the castle's gates, the sun had disappeared behind the horizon and the sky was streaked with red and orange, meaning we were a 'tad' later than four o'clock....whoops. But it was a beautiful way to end a magnificent day.

Once I had taken off Mischief's saddle and reigns, I let him loose in the paddocks again, and he began to prance around happily. I laughed, adjusting my bag higher on my shoulder, and slipped on my shoes, before trudged across the big field, to the castle.

A smile kept coming to my face at the thought of my day, and much to my surprise, nothing went wrong. It was perfect. Every single clue and riddle that I found along the way only seemed to wipe away the emptiness I felt without Mitchell.

I scuffed my shoes on the marble tiles rhythmically, while whistling happily. I began to notice something that was out of place. The hall was deserted.

"Where is everybody?" I mumbled to myself. I found it quite odd, because the part of the castle I was in was usually swarming with servants, guards, and soldiers.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I asked myself as a tingle started tickling its way down my spine. I continued down the halls, eager to expel my uneasiness, towards the Dining Hall, or at least to somewhere where there was someone familiar.

-

When I neared the dining hall, everybody was in a state of panic. Soldiers rushed passed me with swords and bows and arrows, ready to use, in their hands, and it only made the churning of nervousness in my stomach worse.

I found Simon in the Dining hall, as usual, sitting in his chair at the end of the table, but the scene looked very different than a regular afternoon. He was barking out orders to his employees as they raced around him.

It was very rarely that he raised his voice at anybody, so seeing him like this was a shock to me. I weaved in and out of the scattering people, and made my way over to the table. "Dad...? What's going on?" I asked panicked. Simon looked up from the several piles of paper that he had sprawled across the table.

"Rebekah...!" Simon exclaimed relieved. "Where have you been? I'm so glad you're ok." he said standing from his chair and wrapping me in a warm hug, patting down my hair. I rested my head on his chest, hearing his shallow breaths, but confusion was still portrayed on my features.

"I know, I'm sorry I was late, but of course I'm fine, why wouldn't I be? I just had the best day of my life. What happened?"

Simon stiffened, and took a slow and easy step back, avoiding my eyes. "I need you to go to your chambers and don't come out till I come and get you. Don't open the door to anybody, unless you hear them say your full name, do you understand?" He said, avoiding the question.

I tried reading his face but he kept sheltering it away from me, and I frowned. "I am not leaving this spot until you tell me what's going on." I said stubbornly, crossing my arms tightly across my chest.

"Out of all the moments, you choose to be stubborn now!" he exclaimed. I gave Simon a levelled look, that told him that I wasn't going anywhere without an answer.

Simon gave me a weary and frightful look, but eventually sighed and gave in. "...David's escaped prison, and we believe he is coming for you."

I froze with fright, and my eyes widened. I swallowed uneasily, and a cold sweat broke out on my neck. "No. This can't be happening. Not today. Everything was going so well." I complained, stamping my foot. "Where's everyone else?"

Simon returned to looking at maps, and other documents on the table. "I sent them to their rooms, so David can't hold them hostage, or use them in a way that'll affect us, but right now I need you to go straight to your room. Do you understand?" he asked seriously, not looking up. I just nodded my head.

The Medieval Story Of One Direction (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें