Chapter Nineteen- Golden Dress and Silver Crown

Beka's POV-

I could hear the sounds of several voice and I peeked around the corner looking down the stairs at the hundreds, maybe even thousands, of elegantly dressed people talking amongst themselves whilst they were sitting in their assigned seat for the evening. I flatten against the marble wall, the coldness of it feeling good against my hot back. I was breathing heavily, trying to calm myself, but not having any luck. I felt sick to the stomach and layer of sweat covered my forehead. I had never been so nervous in my life, and my hands were shaking with anticipation.

Earlier this afternoon I had awaked in my bed after I fainted, with Helena watching over me carefully. She told me that I just forgot to breath and that I'd be fine. After that I helped Helena get ready into her gown which was a light blue. It was a gorgeous piece of clothing, and she told me she paid for it with all her savings. After she was dressed, Catherine came into the room, and helped Helena get me ready. I could see the two of them were overly stressing so I just did what the two of them asked. I was a bit confused to as why they hadn't put me in my dress straight away, but when Helena and Catherine revealed my mother's dress, taken in to fit my size, and given a modern spin, I almost burst out into tears. Helena and Catherine helped me into the dress, because I was shaking so much with delight and when the laces were tightened on the corset back, I turned to the mirror. I couldn't speak. I felt an overwhelming sense of pride, and joy.

"Remember to breathe, Beka, we don't want you to faint again." Helena reminded me, laughing with Catherine. I took the two older women in a tight hug. "Thank you...for everything. I look perfect." I whispered into their ears.

I told myself to listen to Helena's advice. I needed to remember to breath. I had been told to wait in the upstairs area of the ballroom, behind the platform that looked over everybody, until all the guests arrived, but I was alone, and it only made my fear creep higher.

I was pacing back and forth, my dress sweeping the ground with every step I took, when my brothers soon arrived in the tiny room. With the boys' arrival, it meant that the presentation would soon begin, and that I needed to make my grand entrance in the very near future. My stomach did a small flip, and I hunched over feeling ill.
Harry raced over to me, holding me steady. I looked around at each of my brothers and I had to hand it to them, they all looked very handsome and sophisticated in their new clothes, and their crowns, but my mind pushed that thought way, and I gave them a petrified look. Liam came up and gave me hug, rubbing small circles in my back. "Don't stress sweetheart. It'll be over before you know it." Liam said into my hair, placing a kiss on the top of my head. I relaxed a little with his soothing, but my heart rate was still above the usual. Josh could sense that I was still worrying, and gave me a small smile. "I know exactly what you're going through, and sure, at first, it's nerve-racking. I mean, all the people starring at you, and the long walk down the carpet, your heart feels like it's in your throat, and your palms feel clammy-..."

"Not helping Josh!" my other brothers and I exclaimed in sync.

"Back to the point, what I'm trying to say is, nothing is more satisfying than finally having it over and done with, to make it official, and I can promise you, that what your feeling now, the nerves, will seem so insignificant when you're finally crowned, so don't worry." he said, making his way over to me, and offering me a handkerchief from his pocket, which I took, and blotched my face, careful not to disturb the makeup Helena had spent so long doing. I nodded to my brothers when I knew that I was, not only physically, but mentally ready, for the ceremony to start, and Zayn signified to Simon that I was ready to begin, and with that, a loud tune from several trumpets played, making the room come to a silence.

"Welcome friends, old and new, to London, and my family's home." Simon announced to the crowd, sounding like he was on the platform outside. I listened to his voice, taking inspiration from the confidence that he radiated through it. "Tonight we celebrate the new addition to my family, a young woman, who not only captured the hearts of my six sons, but also mine." a chorus of 'awe's' swept through the crowd, and I couldn't help but smile at Simon's words. The boys and I joined into a group hug, and Simon continued his speech. "So it is with my greatest pleasure to present to you tonight, from oldest to youngest, my six sons, and my youngest and newest child, my daughter, Princess Rebekah Wynters-Cowell." Simon said proudly, and there was a huge uproar of applause and cheering.