Chapter Twelve- The Carrot Eater Beka's Announcement and a Disappearing Paul

I awoke well before the church bells, and looked down at LiLi's sleeping face. I smiled at his peacefulness; his whole presence seemed to be much younger than the way he holds himself when he's awake, and my heart gave a gentle squeeze. My stomach rumbled when I realized that hadn't finished my dinner last night when I ran after Liam.

As much as I didn't want to move, my stomach had other plans. I was starving. I untangled Liam's arms from me, and slipped silently out of the bed. Liam began to whimper in his sleep, so I landed a light kiss on his forehead, and he went back to normal, with a small smile left on his lips.

I tiptoed over to the door, trying to make as little noise as possible, and slipped outside. The door clicked shut, and I turned to go to the dining room and almost fell over with fright, as I saw Louis standing there, in front of me, eyebrows raised.

I stuttered. This must have looked terribly bad. I just came out of Liam's room, from sleeping there the night, with probably messy hair, and in the same clothes I had on the day before.

"Louis...G-good morning, this isn't what it looks like, and I know this looks bad, but I swear that nothing happened between Prince Liam and I last night." I swallowed uneasily.

Louis chuckled. "I can assure you, Beka, I wasn't thinking that. I'm shocked to see you up this early, though."

"...I'm starving, and besides, I could say the same thing about you, Louis." I smirked.

Louis shrugged. "I like waking up early. I usually go and play the piano. How'd you sleep?"

Louis plays the piano...? Well...I wasn't expecting that.

I sighed, tiredly. "I didn't sleep that well, Liam was pretty upset about what happened last night, and I didn't get to have my cup of tea. I can never sleep without a cup of tea. My brothers used to think that why I talk in my sleep." I stated, pouting, and Louis gave me a thoughtful look.

"Well, if we get you changed, we can get you some breakfast, and then spend the day together?"

I nodded, happily, delighted by the day's plan. "And you can play the piano for me?" I asked, hopefully.

Louis laughed, and hugged my shoulders. "Sure, if that's what you want."

-

I was trying very hard not to laugh at the childish joke Louis told me about why the mushroom when to a party, but I couldn't help it. He was a very funny person, I liked his immaturity very much, because it made me let all my stresses go. The two of us reached my room, and I pushed open my bedroom door.

Helena was sleeping in the middle of my bed, snoring lightly. I shook her awake, gently and she sat up smiling, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." She said to Louis and I.

"Why did you sleep here last night?" I asked, as Louis found an interest with a hairpin that was sitting on the desk in my room. He began to pretend it was a crocodile that was eating his fingers.

Helena raised her arms high above her head, stretching. "I was waiting for you to come back here after dinner, so you could tell me everything about that happened yesterday, and I was really tired from the little sleep we got the night before, and I guess I just fell asleep." She shrugged

Sympathy washed over me. "Helena, I hope you weren't waiting for that long." I said, feeling bad, but she shook her head. "Well in that case, do you think you can help me get ready for today? Prince Louis has asked for my company."

Helena slid out of the bed, answering my question silently, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She pulled new clothes out of the cupboard, and sluggishly pushed me into the bathroom, before closing the door behind her, leaving Louis to himself, as the crocodile hairpin terrorised his fingers.