Chapter Eight- Flames and a Blueberry Breakfast

Beka's POV-

Morning seemed to come around quickly when Helena woke me, up an hour before sunrise, the next morning. Simon must have filled her in on what was happening today. I had a dreamless sleep, because of my exhaustion the night before, but today I was feeling refreshed and new.

"What dress would you like to where?" she asked me when she finished lacing up my corset.

"I would like to wear the dress from Zayn, please." I said to her over my shoulder.

"Any reason why?" she asked curiously.

I rolled my eyes and faced her. "I'm spending the day with him after breakfast." Helena gave me a monotone look, but I knew she was going crazy on the inside. "I hope nobody asks me about what we did after the day has come to an end. I find it quite rude, don't you think?" I said teasingly, and Helena gave me pleasing look. She had cracked. "Fine, I promise I'll tell you everything later tonight before I go to bed." Helena let out a sigh of relief, and I laughed at her.

After pulling the electric blue dress Zayn bought me out of the wardrobe, Helena slipped the dress over my head, and let it fall to the ground. (Picture on the side) Helena did my hair and makeup afterwards, and handed me a small handheld mirror once she was done. I was annoyed last night that I didn't get to see my appearance.

Helena had brushed my hair, taming it from the knots it tangled itself into last night while I was asleep, and just let it fall against my back, because I still held some of the waves from the braid Catherine did before dinner.

My makeup was very similar, very simple. A fine layer of foundation, because my skin was looking very healthy from the facial that Helena had given me, and plus I would most likely be doing a lot of crying this morning so she probably didn’t find it necessary to put in that much effort.

I thanked her, and we left the room, and went into the entry hall where Simon informed her that we would be meeting before we left.

Helena and I walked through the castle silently, as I was mentally preparing myself for what is to come. The two of us came to a flight of stairs, the entry hall below. Helena began her descent before me, and I took a deep breath, composing myself, before taking the steps down, lowering myself towards the ground.

-

Zayn's POV-

Everybody was ready and waiting in the entry hall. Father had sent notes out last night, to the priest, and to Paul and his family, so they knew what time to arrive.

My five brothers were talking amongst themselves but I was too tired to keep up conversation, so I just examined the crack and patterns in the tiles under my feet. I couldn't sleep last night. I was very excited for the time Beka and I were going to spend together later on today. It was like the excitement you feel the night before your birthday.

The room went silent and I looked around curiously. Everybody was looking up as two figures began their descent down the stairs. Helena was the first figure to come into view, and Beka wasn't far behind her.

I smile spread across my face as I realized she was wearing the dress I had bought her. She looked beautiful, but it wasn’t the dress that caused that. Beka had a natural beauty that she seemed to be oblivious to, but everyone else could see it. I knew because as she walked by, girls her age and women, who were older, would give her envious stares as she passed them and men would walk by with lust-filled eyes. She seemed oblivious to that to. As Harry said last night, she didn't know she was beautiful.

Beka wasn't showing much emotion, as she stopped on the second last step, because I knew she was bottling it all inside. I noticed Father did this to when his wives died. "Thank you for coming, so early in the morning to support me, and say your last goodbyes to my family. It means a great deal to me that you are all here, so again, thank you." she said in a monotone voice. She was given a lot of pitiful looks, which she either didn’t see, or chose to ignore, before we all went outside towards the awaiting carriages.