Chapter Fifteen- Harry's Blanky and Authority

Harry's POV-

After running away from the kitchen, Beka insisted that we go to my room, because she was terribly scared...ok, Beka wasn't that scared, just a little freaked. I, however, swung the door open to my room, and pushed passed Beka, jumping in my bed, hiding under my blanket, shaking with fright-...in the manliest way possible of course...

I heard Beka laugh, and she made her way over to me, lifting the cover of the blanket, peeking in at me. I looked up at her, through the curls that had fallen into my eyes

"Are you crying?" she asked incredulously. I was shocked to find my fingers were wet when I wiped my cheek. I wrapped myself back up in the blanket, hiding myself in embarrassed.

I peek a look at Beka through the folds in the blanket. "No, I wasn't crying. I was just...just...sweating from carrying you when you ran too slow for my likings." I implied.

"Well, if you're sweating, then why are you wrapped tighter than a burrito in that blanket?" she questioned me, with an amused smirk on her face.

I narrowed my eyes at her, and pulled the blanket down from around my face. "This is no burrito, little girl, this is my blanky. I can't sleep without it." I said adoringly, patting the soft green fabric.

"No wonder your brothers pick on you, Hazza. What seventeen year old male still uses their blankey?" she teased, brushing the hair out of my eyes.

"Stunningly attractive ones who can cook." I retorted forcefully with a smirk. "Besides, Liam can't get to sleep without his bear, and Zayn still has his mobile hanging over his bed." I stated, and Beka gave me a shocked look.

"I've kept the basket I used to sleep in when I was a baby, I haven't been able to part with it." She admitted, sitting next to me on the bed.

I gave her a confused look, but she hid her face behind her long, brown hair. "You slept in the basket that you brought from your house? Why?"

Beka still refused to look at me. "My older brother, Chance, was still young when I was born, and we only had one small crib. My parents put me in the basket on the night I was born, and the next, I would be in the crib. It swapped every night, but my brother took after my father with his height, so he grew too big for the small space, and took the crib permanently. The basket was my bed, and I was distraught when I grew too big for it, so I've used it all throughout my life. By the time Elijah was born, I had already gotten a proper bed, and he used the crib. " Beka shrugged her tiny shoulders, but I couldn't get passed the unmistakable pain that was in her voice.

She sniffled, and I pushed back the hair that was curtaining her face away from me behind her ear. Beka looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes, and I cupped her cheek, wiping her small tears off of her cheeks. "That's why I don't belong here Harry. I'm not a royal." She said standing, gripping the dress; I had given her, in her hands tightly, trying to prove a point. "I'm not a princess...just a girl who got way in over her head while playing dress up."

I sighed, knowing from the beginning that what I was about to say was going to be difficult for me. I was never any good at expressing my feelings. I stood, towering over the small girl, the blanket slipping off of me.

Placing a finger under Beka's chin, and tilting her head up, so she was looking directly at me, i watched the self-conscious thoughts float around her eyes.

"No. You're none of those things. No, you're not a royal. No, you're not princess...not yet, but I don't care. I wasn't looking for a princess the first time I laid my eyes on you. All I saw was a girl, with long brown hair, and the most gorgeous blue eyes I've ever seen. In my mind, all I could say was 'that girl is destined for greatness'. I had no idea who you were. I had no idea why I found you so fascinating, but now I believe, very strongly, that this is your fate, your destiny; its here, with us." I whispered, willing her to listen to me. "Please don't leave, my brothers and I. We have waited so many years, yearning for you, just to talk to you, and if you left, it'd rip this family apart. If it means that we have you as a sister, I personally, would rather that, than not having you at all." I said, begging her with my eyes.