Chapter Twenty- Marina Carley Lee Ackland-Gay-Burgenmire

Beka's POV-

After the crowning, a lot of men, I didn't know, insisted I danced with them. I was thankful for the lesson Liam had given me, because otherwise I would have had no idea what I was doing. I had been trying to find a familiar face within the crowd for a long time, but I couldn't find one.

The song, that was being played by the orchestra, came to an end, and I gave the young prince, I think his name was Timothy, a polite curtsy, before quickly walking off, pushing through the tightly compacted bodies on the dance floor, subtly ignoring the calling of my name as more people requested to dance with me. I was feeling extremely claustrophobic, so when I reached the outer wall of the hall, I let out a relieved breath. I wasn't usually opposed to being near people, but tonight I only wished for the safety of my family.

A bald man, with a curly moustache, who looked to be in his fifties, came up to me with a cocky expression. I gave him a once over and found him absolutely repulsive. His eyes were small and beady, with a nose that was too big for his face and slightly crooked. "Princess Rebekah, it is lovely to meet you. I am King David, from the Isles of Scilly, but it is far from lovely as you my young child." He said flirtatiously, kissing my knuckles softly. My eye twitched, and I realised that it was going to be the first of many times tonight that people would use my full name.

I gave King David a polite smile, but took my hand quickly out of his, wiping it on the back of my dress so he couldn't see. "You flatter me, King David." I said, uncomfortably.

"Well I only flatter the prettiest of women, my dear. Much like I did to my many wives." He smirked.

"D-did you say many wives?" I stuttered, blinking uncomfortably.

"Yes, I use them purely for my pleasure, but you sweetheart, being the very attractive young woman you are, would be my crown jewel." He said, stroking my cheek.

I slapped his hand away. "Keep your hands to yourself King David. I'd prefer if you stayed away from me for the rest of the night." I said sternly, walking away from the horrible man.

"Listen to me when I say this, young lady, I always get what I want." King David threatened. My steps faltered a little, but I continued walking.

I found myself on the opposite side of the room, where all the dining tables were set up. I sat down at the closest table, with a big sigh, looking at the beautiful centre piece.

"You're Jasmine's daughter, aren't you?" a sad voice said, with a hint of French accent mixed with it.

I looked up at the new voice, and stood startled, when I saw the blonde haired woman who had spoken to me. "Mum...?" I asked in shock.

The lady, who look exactly like my mother, smiled at me humorously. "Close, but I'm not Mum. I'm your Aunt Belle, your Mother's twin sister." She smiled.

"I was thinking clone, but twin works as well." I said, still in shock. "Please sit, I have many questions to ask you."

Belle sat in the chair next to me, and I sat as well. "As do I, do you mind if I go first?" she asked politely, and I shook my head. "How and when did my sister die?" she looked at me curiously.

I bit my lip, hesitant to tell her, but she deserved to know. "Mother, and the rest of my family died not too recently, so talking about their death is still a little hard, but it was an accident." I took a deep breath, and began explaining.

-

"So what you're telling me is that my sister's death was all because of the weather and a mix up between the Higgins man?" she asked with her head in her hands. I swallowed nervously, but nodded. Belle sighed sadly and I placed a hand on her shoulder.