Chapter Six- Dinner for Eight and Jealousy

Beka's POV-

As the dining hall came closer, I heard loud laughter from a very dirty joke that Louis had shared with his family. Catherine, Helena and I poked our heads around the corner, trying to be discreet. Simon and the five boys were still too busy laughing endlessly to notice us.

I couldn't help but crack a smile, when I saw the boys with tears in their eyes, and rolling on the floor laughing. King Simon was trying his best to regain his composure, but he would laugh all over again seeing his sons on the floor. It was nice seeing that family could laugh, I mean its a common thing, but I felt reassured to know that they could let loose from their high standards, and just be normal for once.

A giggle left my lips, as I finally understood the meaning of Louis' lame joke, not realising the laughing had stopped in the room, and the family, plus Josh, were now staring at me from the table. My laughter cut off as soon as I saw their eyes all watching me. My cheeks burned and I turned my back to the wall, hiding. I mentally face-palmed myself, before realising Catherine and Helena were nowhere to be seen. I began to panic. What do I do? I've never done this before. What if I make a fool of myself...why am I so worried? You've been through worse. Suck it up, princess.

The sound of a chair being scraped against the marble tiles brought me back to reality, before I took a deep breath, and practically forced myself to move into the room. I had only taken two steps away from my hiding space before I stopped and curtsied, respectfully.

I began bitting my lip, nervously. None of the men had said a word; they were just sitting there, frozen with shock, with their mouths hanging wide open. "I look ridiculous, don't I?" I said, breaking the awkward silence.

"No...just different, very different, you look stunning." Josh said, standing from his seat, and coming over to me. He had changed out of his uniform into what I would consider royal attire. He looked quite handsome, but it felt odd not seeing him in his servant uniform, I liked it.

Josh took my hand and led me towards the last remaining seat on the table, like I had yesterday afternoon, I sat opposite King Simon. I smiled at Josh as he pulled out my seat for me, and pushed me in. It was still awkward, the five boys and the King hadn't said anything since my arrival.

Josh clicked his fingers trying to regain the six men's attention. "Guys, you're going to catch flies in your mouth if you sit like that any longer."

I giggled, and the family snapped out of their trance. Josh always had his way of making me laugh. He smiled at me, and I mouthed a 'thank you' to him as he took his seat on my closest right.

"I must say Miss Wynters; you look fantastic in that gown. The blue suits you well." said the King. As much as I appreciated the compliment, I couldn't help the twitching of my eye.

I smiled stiffly at the King. "Thank you, and thank you boys, for buying me the gowns as well, they are all lovely." I said respectfully.

"You look brilliam." Liam smiled down the table at me. I laughed at his pun.

"Well I think she looks phnominiall." Niall laughed, joining in on his brother's game.

"On the contrary, I find Beka to look quite amazayn." Zayn declared, joining in to.

"I think she's more extraordinharry, than anything." Harry piped up.

Louis stood, banging his fist on the table. "This is ridiculous! It is clearly obvious that Beka is fabulouis."

I couldn't stop laughing, I half expected Josh and Simon to stand up declaring how I looked. I gave Josh an expectant look, and he just shook his head. "I'm not cool enough to have a sophisticated word with my name in it." He said, rolling his eyes. I smirked at him, and he pouted.