Chapter Thirty- Scavenger Hunt

Beka's POV-

My eyes fluttered open in the morning, and I yawned tiredly. It's been two months since Mitch's...departure. I wore his necklace every day to remind me of the pain and suffering that loving someone could cause. I sighed sadly and played with the silver chain like I did every morning.

Despite for my new hatred for even the mention of 'love', all around me there was nothing but love. The boy's relationships were going strong and they were extremely happy. Sure, there had been some rough patches, but they pulled through them all. There hadn't been many surprises. I half expected Liam to pop the big question to Isabelle, but he was keeping his mouth shut tightly, and I knew that it was annoying Isabelle a lot. The thing that surprised me the most was Simon asking Helena to be his bride. Sure I thought they would be a cute couple, but I didn't think it'd actually go all the way to those lengths.

The two weren't planning on having an elaborate wedding. They wanted something simple and down-low. I think considering Simon's track record with marriages, the couple were a bit nervous as to how long the marriage could last, and having a baby was a definite no, even though I begged them for a baby brother or sister.

Yes, a lot had happened in two months, but I was still the same. I was still sad, unbelievably sad. I wanted what the boys had with their girls. I wanted to be with Mitchell. I wanted to be happy.

I sat up in my bed and looked around the room sighing. Tiggers and Chester looked up at me and I gave them a smile, before they both drifted back to sleep. Much like me, not a lot had changed in the room either. The painting of my birth family still hung on the right wall, and my desk cluttered with piano music and scattered drawings, still took up the space in the left hand corner. The only new thing in the room was a new bed for Tiggers. She had grown a lot, and I couldn't fit both her and Chester in my basket. Again I sighed.

Through the window, I could see that it was a lovely day outside. The sun was out and warming the room, which was odd because it was winter. The birds were chirping loudly in a nearby tree. It was lovely, but it held no interest for me. It should have especially that day, of all days.

I could hear light footsteps and whispering voices outside in the hall, and I figured it would be Helena and Catherine coming to wake me up and get me ready for the day, but I was wrong. When the door swung open, rather harshly if I may add, the boys and the six girls were standing there with huge grins on their faces.

I looked at them curiously. "What are you guys doing-..."

My sentence was cut off when all twelve of them came rushing towards the bed. Tiggers, who still doesn't like people, ran towards the bathroom and hid. My eyes widened as they all piled on top of me, and started kissing my cheeks and forehead.

"I have to two words for each of you that you should seriously consider. Salad...Diet." I groaned under their weight, trying to shove them off.

The twelve laughed, and all got off me to sit around me on the bed. Even though it was king sized, I was surprised we all fitted on top of it. I looked at them all again.

"I was asking you guys something before you decided to jump on me." I said pretending to be calm.

"Oh yea, what were you going to ask?" Harry asked curiously, next to me.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN MY ROOM!" I shouted. The twelve covered their ears and gave me annoyed looks.

"To give you this." said Simon smiling widely, coming into my room with Helena on his arm. He was holding a box in his free hand, and I groaned again.

"I told you guys not to get me anything." I complained. The girls smiled at me, forgiving me for my outburst.

"How could we not get you anything Beka? You're a part of the family just like everybody else in this room." Liam said sternly.