Chapter Seven- The Surprise and Forgiveness

Beka's POV-

I stepped into the big room, and Zayn left my side to join his family. An eerie glow from the candles that lit the room, casted a shadow over everything, but that wasn't what caught my attention. An easel stood in the middle of the room, with a white sheet over the top of it. I looked at the men in the room, who were standing either side of it, and they all gave me wide smiles.

"Beka, as an official welcoming for joining our family we'd like you give you a present from all of us." Niall smiled, pulling down the white sheet, and it fluttered to the floor, revealing a very detailed, large portrait of me, framed I in a brass and heavy looking frame. My mouth fell open with shock. I walked up to the easel, getting a closer look. On the bottom was a metal plate with 'Rebekah Wynters, Watching the Seas' engraved into it.

The girl in the painting had long brown hair. Her body was small and slender, and she held herself in a way that made her look almost elegant. "There's no way that the girl is me." I said, doubtfully shaking my head. Sure, she looked like me, but I was nothing like her. I didn't hold myself that way...well...I didn't think I did.

"Of course it is...you don't know that you're beautiful." Harry said, flirtatiously. I blushed, and he gave me a wink, ignoring the dirty stares for his brothers. I was surprised to find Josh giving him the evil eye as well. I didn't think he was like that.

"Who painted this?" I asked after I stopped blushing, trying to read the signature at the bottom.

"Cornelius Maggio. We had him follow you around for about a month, and he came up with this. He's very talented." Louis remarked, with a guilty face. As much as a strange man following me around for the last month should bother me, it really didn't. I was more flattered that anything. "We'll put it up on the wall in the dining hall tomorrow." He continued, and I nodded, but I wasn't really listening. I couldn't get over how much I looked like my Mother. I never really noticed that before.

"And we also got you this." Josh said, while picking up another canvas that was facing the wall. He held the painting towards him so I couldn't see it. "This one will be going in your room." I looked at the size of the canvas, and pulled a worried face. It was much bigger than the portrait of me, and that was a very large canvas. Josh turned the painting around with the help of Zayn, and revealed another very detailed painting with me in the middle, and four other people standing around me.

I took a step closer to Josh and Zayn, with a sad smile, and brushed my hand lightly over the familiar faces of my family. I sniffled, as tears fell down my cheeks. It was beautiful. My brothers stood either side of me with an arm around my waist, and my parents stood either side of my brothers.

"Thank you." I whispered, scared of the wavering in my voice. I hugged each of them to me, including Simon.

I never thought that it was possible, but the royal family had made it up to me. I didn't want some extravagant thing worth lots of money. I just wanted to see my family, and even though they weren't here physically, I would still be able to get up in the morning and see their gentle faces, and go to bed at night knowing that they were watching over me.

"Tomorrow morning, at sunrise, before breakfast, I want to put my parents to rest. I don't want a big service, just us, and Paul Higgin's family. I need to go home for the last time."

"I understand. I've already organised everything. Your family is being held at the doctor's surgeon." Simon stated. I nodded, sadly.

"They'll be cremated, in my home. I don't want anybody to own the land that my father worked so hard to build. It's my families. It shouldn't be anybody else's."

Simon gave me a worried look. "As much as I don't want to say this, but if the marriage with one of the boys doesn't work out, and you want to move out of the castle, where will you go?"

"Personally Simon I seriously think that the possibility of that happening is very slim." I said smiling kindly at him.

"Very well," he smiled in return, and the boys gave each other hopeful looks. "I think that considering the circumstances of the events that will be happening tomorrow, I think we should retire for the night." Simon continued, and I agreed with a yawn, I earned adoring smile for each of the boys.

Simon gave me a hug and I had to go up on my toes to reach my arms around his neck. After that he bided his boys a goodnight and left. The boys said their goodbyes to me by kissing me on the check, before they left as well.

I was alone. I sighed tiredly at the family painting and lent it against the easel with my portrait on it.

I left the room soon after that, half expecting one of the boys waiting outside to escort me to my room, but no one was there. I sucked in a deep breath of air, well...as much as the corset would allow, enjoying the silence. I was a bit of a loner in that way. The silence never bothered me. It gave me a chance to think.

As I walked the halls, dawdling, I hummed my mother's lullaby to myself, and began to wonder what Zayn had planned for the two of us tomorrow.

I've heard that Zayn is quite a poetic man, so I'm guessing that it'll be something cliché, but that didn't bother me. I was happy with whatever we were doing, just as long as I got to spend time with him.

When I reached my bedroom door, and I swung it open. Helena was waiting inside.

"How was dinner?" she asked with a smile.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You left me there to embarrass myself, but other than that, dinner was fine."

Helena laughed, wanting to ask more questions, but I yawned hugely, so she began to help me undress, so I could get into a night gown, and also took my hair out of the braid leaving my hair in an assortment of waves down my back.

Once that was done, I crawled into the centre of my large bed. I pulled the sheets tightly around me, and resting my head on the pillow.

Helena wished me sweet dreams, before leaving the room, and closing the door behind her. I snuggled down further into the bed, feeling the warm, soft fabrics against my skin, and then finally drifting off into a deep sleep.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hey Guys,

I know this chapter is very short. I couldn't think of anything to write, and I should have probably put it on the end of the last chapter, but I had already posted it. Anyway the next chapter will feature some bonding between Simon and Beka.

Hope you like it,

Love Alway,

Beka

xoxo