Chapter Twenty-Five- Cookie Dough Ice Cream

• Dedicated to Brittany Robinson

Niall's POV-

I was talking to the former King of France, Beka's Grandfather, Chance, when Beka sighed tiredly.

"What's wrong, child?" Chance asked, concerned. He looked tired, maybe from his trip here, or from just old age.

Beka looked up at her grandfather with equally tired eyes and she sighed again, slouching. "I'm exhausted. The boys have had me running all over the place, trying to sort out all their problems all night." she complained.

"Maybe your energy's low, because you haven't eaten. When's the last time you ate?" I suggested, feeling hungry myself, but that didn't really make a difference. I was always hungry.

Beka had a second to think. "I haven't eaten since getting ready this morning. Helena and I shared some fruit." she realised.

Chance chuckled. "Go take care of my Granddaughter, Niall, I must talk to Simon and ask about his date." He said, and I nodded, offering my arm out, Beka hooking her arm around it.

The two of us walked off, arm in arm, passed Zayn and Ally, towards the buffet table. I had been there several times that night, so I knew what there was to offer. It was the usual meats, soups, sweets, desserts, and pastries. I had a craving for something sweet now that the night had developed passed the dinner stage, so I went straight for the dessert, pastry, and sweets end, Beka following quietly while examining the food. I looked over the table piled full of good things to eat, indecisive. It was when I reached the very end of the table was when I saw it, the best dessert ever possible, cookie dough ice cream. I squeaked with joy, and reached for the bowl excitedly.

Another hand reached for it at the same time, the two of us looking up at each other simultaneously.

A beautiful young girl stood in front of me, and my jaw went limp, and swung wide open. She stared up at me with kind, and mysterious blue-grey, stormy, eyes. My breathing hitched, and my voice became stuck in my throat as she smiled brightly at me, showing her perfectly white teeth. The girl pushed her straight, blonde hair behind her ear, showing more snow-white colour of her skin. I swallowed, trying to recover myself from my trance.

"Prince Niall," she bowed. "The ice cream is all yours, please; take it." she continued, pushing the bowl towards me

"No, no. It'd be rude if I did. Take it. It's yours." I smiled, pushing the bowl back.

"No you have it." she persisted, pushing the bowl.

"No you have it." I argued, pushing the bowl.

"No you."

"No you."

Beka sighed heavily beside me, and walked off, but I was too preoccupied to focus on her.

"No you have it." she said a little annoyed.

"I'm being a gentleman. You have it." I said, annoyed as well.

"Well I'm being a woman. You have it." she said, shoving the bowl towards me, creasing the tablecloth.

Beka strode back to us, looking more annoyed than the blonde and I did. "Well I'm being Beka." she interrupted. "Why don't you just share?" she said, holding up two metal spoons.

I looked at the blonde girl, and she nodded her head in agreement. The two of us took the spoons and the bowl to a nearby table. I pulled out the chair for her, and she blushed while taking her seat gracefully. Sitting opposite, I took a spoonful of the ice cream. I could tell that she wanted some to, but was acting polite, and that really bugged me. I hated that people were never themselves around me because of my title. I put the spoon down and shoved the bowl toward her. She shook her head. I rolled my eyes.