Chapter Twenty-Seven- Sibling Rivalry

Beka's POV-

I woke up the next morning, feeling overly exhausted. I wanted to go back to sleep, but my body clock had woken me up, and I didn't like sleeping during the day. I forced myself out of the cocoon of blankets that I wrapped myself in, and walked to my door sluggishly, leaving my hair messy, and my bed un-made, something that was very out of character for me.

I opened the heavy door, and it squealed with protest. Catherine stood on the other side looking surprised, her fits raised like she was about to knock. "Princess Beka. Good morning!" she beamed energetically. I moaned back a reply, and let her into my room.

"Helena is...um...busy this morning, so I'll be your servicewoman for today. I stocked your closet with your dresses. They've all been cleaned, and the ones that were damaged were repaired." She informed me. I nodded, rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

"You had a late night?" The older woman asked trying to look around me, to, what I assume would be to, see if I had a guest staying with me. I nodded in response to her question, giving her a tired smile. She let out a small laugh, pulling a dress out of the cupboard. I wasn't exactly sure which one it was, because my eyelids drooped.

Catherine tied up my corset, and helped me into my hoop-skirt, before slipping my dress over my head, and telling me to sit in the wooden chair at my desk. I did what I was told, and my eyes began to drop again. Helena didn't seem to mind, she said it made her job, doing my hair and makeup, a lot easier. I usually struggled and made a fuss. I even managed to get another half an hours sleep.

-

The stone flooring was cold on my feet; Catherine didn't bother giving me any shoes, because I didn't plan on going outside today. My eyes drooped, as my body walked itself down the hall to the Dining Hall. I stopped at the doorway and yawned hugely, stretching my arms above my head, my back popping satisfyingly. The room was silent, there was no spoons clattering against plates, or wooden chairs scraping against the stone flooring. I opened my eyes to the empty room; the dining table had been equipped to fit our guests in at the table, and sighed sadly. I was alone again, not even Simon was awake.

A hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder, and I let out a startled gasp. I put my foot in front of theirs, and grab their arm and put it over my shoulder. I pushed my leg against theirs and pull the person over me. The person flipped over me, and landed straight on their back. I crouched down in a defensive stance.

I glanced over the mystery person, and let out a groan, feeling incredibly stupid. "Mitchell, I'm so sorry." I apologized, falling to my knees beside him, worried that I had hurt him, holding my hand out to him. He took it and I helped him up.

"Note to self; don't sneak up on Beka ever again." He smirked with a dramatic cough. I rolled my eyes, copying his smirk.

"It's my reflexes. My brothers used to sneak up on me all the time." I said with a giggle, straightening out Mitchell's shirt, and dusting off some dirt on his shoulder.

"I didn't think it was humanly possible for you to lift me, I mean, look how short you are, but here I stand corrected." Mitch said surprised.

I shoved him. "Just because I'm short, doesn't mean I can't whip your butt." I said competitively.

"Shall we put that up to the test?" He replied.

"I most certainly suggest you don't Mitch." Harry said, coming into the dining hall, rubbing his eye, tiredly, while holding Marina's hand in the other. Marina had changed into a simple lilac gown, and was smiling at me warmly.

I smirked. "Good morning, Harry, Marina. How was your night?" I said giving the two a hug.

Marina and Harry shared a flirty look. "Let's just leave it at 'interesting'. I don't think you'd want too much detail." Marina said cheekily. "Mitch, where did Britt end up last night?"