Chapter Twenty-One- Sox and Bad First Impressions

Josh's POV-

"So...um...yea..." I stalled, trying to make conversation. There was an awkward silence between the girl I was talking to and myself. I looked around the room panicking. I saw Beka walking through the crowd.

"Excuse me for a second. I'll be right back." I said politely, and the blonde headed girl nodded. I reached out and pulled Beka towards me.

"Ow! That's my arm, you're not playing tug-a-war." She said annoyed, fixing her crown on her head.

"Sorry." I said loosening my grip. "I need your help really badly. See that girl, standing by herself, with the long dark blonde hair behind me?" I asked, Beka looked over my shoulder, and then returned her eyes to mine, nodding.

"Well I think she's really cute, but I think she's super nervous to talk to me, and I thought she might be more comfortable if you're there for a while, sort of like my wingman." I said, hopefully. Beka gave me a monotone look. "Ok, wingwoman."

Beka smiled, and agreed. The two of us walked over to the other girl, and she gave Beka a jealous look. "Princess Rebecca, I would like you to meet my sister, Princess Rebekah." I said with a laugh, and the two girls both looked at each other smiling.

"It's nice to meet you. I've never met a person with the same name as me, but then again, I come from Posen, so it isn't exactly a common name over there." Rebecca smiled, brightly.

"Wow, what a coincidence, Josh told me, just the other day, that he always wanted to go there, but then he said that it'd be hard, because it's so far away, didn't you Josh?" Beka said convincingly to the girl, then looked up at me mouthing 'play along'.

"Yea, I did." I said with a smile. Truth was, I had no idea where Posen was, or even the fact it existed, but I did like this girl, so I'd do anything to impress her.

Rebecca gave me an genuine smile. "Posen isn't a well-known country. I'm surprised you know of it, I'd gladly show you around, if you came for a visit."

"That'd be good." I smiled. "So do you play any instruments, Rebecca?" I asked, and Beka patted my back proudly knowing her queue to leave, and slipped back into the crowd.

"Yea, I do. I play piano, violin, and the glockenspiel." She said happily.

"Oh, you like hitting things to." I asked excitedly, and I heard a slapping sound. I turned and saw Beka with her hand on her forehead, and looking at me like I was an idiot.

"Excuse me?" Rebecca asked worriedly.

"I didn't mean it like that." I rushed to reassure her, blushing instantly. "I play the drums." I explained nervously. I sighed, as the girl gave me a strange look. "Look Rebecca, I'm sorry if I'm saying stupid things, it's just that I think you're cute, and you don't talk much so that makes me nervous because I can't tell what you're thinking." I said telling the truth.

Rebecca gave me a thankful look. "No way, I thought I was the only one. Boys aren't exactly my strongest point." She admitted, and I think we both relaxed a little.

I gave her a glance over, biting my lip; it was an annoying habit I picked up from Beka. Rebecca's hair was very long, and a dark blonde. It was a tad longer then Beka's, and that was good. I did like long hair. She had a pale complexion that was blemish free, and her brown eyes popped out against her light colour. She was wearing a light cream coloured dress that complemented her body as it hugged her frame tightly.

"Why don't we sit, and have a chat, we may get to know each other that way?" I asked, and Rebecca hooked her arm around mine, agreeing.

I led her over to the table assigned to my family, and pulled out a chair for her, and she thanked me kindly. I sat down next to her. "So, what do you like doing?" I asked.