Chapter 6

CLAUDIA

I never sucks at playing golf in my life until today. The rays of misfortune was blazing at me in full blast.

For some reasons, my precision with my swing was obviously absent. The ball kept on landing on bunkers that earned series of chuckles from the obnoxious Alfonso.

I tried keep my calm and do my best with my play but that's so hard to do when that devilish man kept on mocking me silently. He didn't need to say a word his expressive eyes were enough evidence.

"Having a bad day?" He had the nerve to ask when he was casually studying me using his golf club as a support to the ground while his ankle crossed with the other feet. His stance was a picture of pure enjoyment with due to my mishap.

I glared at me darkly, cursing him inside my head. I gave him a big fake smile. "Not really."

"Looks like it from where I was standing." He commented, letting out another chortle.

My lips were thinning as I prevent myself from swing this freaking golf club in his head instead to the ball who was currently in the deep shallow of sand pit. "Why don't you just shut up and let me play?"

He shrugged and didn't say a word.

I took a deep breath and focus my attention on how to let this ball out of this sand. I will not let this man ruin my day because of his mere presence. I can still ace this game if my bad luck will leave me alone.

Focus, Claudia. Focus...

As I swing the golf club to hit the ball, I groaned when I kept on hitting the sands unable to remove the damned ball out of this bunker. Oh, this is frustrating!

"You're about to powder me with sand, sweetheart." Alfonso remarked with a deep chuckle. "I will not be surprised if I went home with brown shirt instead of this pristine white I wear."

"Oh, for the love of God. Shut up!" I snapped at him. I was annoyed by myself because I am having a bad day today and mostly to him with his nonstop goading. "You're not helping with your snide remarks."

"What did I do?" He inquired with such innocence that I don't buy. "I just want to tell you that I don't want people to think that I went to the beach instead to the golf course with so much sand you kept on swinging in the air."

I threw a deathly glare in his direction. "I suggest you zip your mouth before I decide to put unintentional sand in your mouth. A gentleman will not mock the woman he's supposed to be courting the way you do."

He acted like an innocent gentleman and he's bad at it. Maybe he should learn a thing or two with his lady actress about acting. "I am just being honest, sweetheart."

"And stop calling me 'sweetheart' it makes me nauseous and it adds more to my already bad luck." I snarled at him. Seriously, if this whole fake courtship thing was real he'll be out of the picture on day one.

"How about 'dolcezza'?"

"No."

"Amore?"

"No!" I glowered, giving him a severe looks. "No endearments for me. Save those words for your lady love when you're not her dirty little laundry anymore, will you?"

I couldn't miss the way he winced at my words. I don't regret reminding him at every opportunity that I have about his current label when it comes to Violetta Ricci.

It was his turn to look darkly in my direction. "Will you stop saying that?!"

"Saying what?" I smiled coyly. "That you're her dirty little laundry?"