Chapter 8

ALFONSO

"Excuse me, ladies' room." I looked at the beautiful Claudia before giving her a short nod.

When she left my arms I have the sudden urged to run after her and help her in the lavatory which was absurd. I never been clingy to a woman before and I certainly will not start tonight.

I felt unexplainable irritation as I looked Claudia finds her way to her destination and these men inside the room seems to follow her with their eyes too.

Now see here...

"How on earth this happened?" I heard the familiar voice of my friend, Gianluca, the twelfth Duke of Caprielle.

I raised an eyebrow in his direction in a mocking way. I am still irate at him for making my date laugh. "What? That we're invited in this party? Simple, amico. Because we're influential."

Luca threw a disapproving look at me, his grey eyes filled with annoyance. "I am not talking about this party, Alfonso. I am talking about that pretty Claudia. Is it true? You are now courting her?"

I scowled. "Why? Do you have problem with that?"

"Why are you—" my good friend paused and then broke into a knowing grin. "—Dio! Are you freaking jealous?"

"Of course, not!" I denied immediately. I looked at him in disbelief. Where the hell did he get that idea in the first place? Why would I be jealous? I snorted, that's utterly nonsense.

"Then how do you explain this behavior of yours, amico mio?" The duke chuckled. "Seriously, you're about to snapped my head moments ago.

I avoided his knowing gaze. "That's not true."

"You're really lethal when it comes to your charm, Alfonso." Luca commented with laughter was still visible in his voice. "How did you managed to court that woman you just met two days ago?"

"What's so surprising with that?"

He tapped his chin pretending to think for a moment. "If I remember correctly that woman hate your whole being when she barged in our room at the club that day."

"I didn't notice."

"Really?" He asked with a frown in his forehead. "I think it's rather obvious day. Even our friends will agree with me."

I glared at him darkly. "You are mistaken, Your Excellency."

"You think so?" The frown was still visible in his face. "I thought I saw clearly how she threw dagger look in your direction. I really thought that she want to send you to hell that very same day."

I grimaced at my friend. Doesn't he know that he's kind of insulting with his words?

It's Piero that she hates not me...okay, she might hate me slightly too but not my whole being as this bastard duke presume.

"What are you implying?" I inquired irately.

Luca raised his hands up in the air slightly for a silent surrender. I couldn't miss the way his mouth twitch. "Relax, amico. Settle your feathers. I am not implying anything here. I am merely curious, that's all."

I gave him a malicious look. "Why don't you just admit that you want some gossip?"

"I am a respected duke." he informed me with his eyes twinkle with merriment. "I don't do such thing."

"Yeah. Right."

Luca's attention was caught by woman he converse with her for a moment I smile slightly when she bid her goodbye with flirtatious smile to the duke. It will not surprise me if this woman when home with this guy later.