Chapter 10

CLAUDIA

After the weekend party I attended with Alfonso I never heard from him again.

The week passed by in a blink of an eye.

And before I knew it's already Sunday and time for our 'date'. I have to admit that I am kind of nervous while waiting for the time he will pick me up because I never see him throughout the week.

Maybe he's busy with his actress, that's why.

I noticed the scowl on my face while looking at myself at the dresser mirror in my room. I don't have any business whatsoever however that man spends his free time. This is a fake courtship, after all.

"Ahem!" Anna sounded from the doorway, she was peeking at me with a mischievous grin on her face. "Someone is really excited about her date with the handsome Alfonso Orsini."

I threw a disapproving look in her direction past my shoulder. "I'm not!"

My best friend eyed me from head to toe, moving further inside my room. She crossed her arms in the middle of her chest studying me. "You are all dressed up way before the time you agree, Claudia. Tell me you are not excited to spend some time with your suitor."

"You are mistaken. It just so happened that I have nothing else to do that's why I dress early." I informed her dryly, glancing back to my dresser mirror fixing my full skirt making sure that it doesn't have any crease on it.

"I see." Anna nodded in agreement but there's still deviltry in her eyes that I don't like. "That's why you pick your best outfit for this outing."

"I did not do such thing, Anna."

The annoying woman merely raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh, yeah? Then why are you wearing your most expensive shoes for this trip? Need I remind you that you're going on a picnic with Alfonso, dear?"

I rolled my eyes. "Stop scrutinizing my outfit, will you? These shoes are my favorite that's why I am wearing them today and nothing more."

"Is that so?" The maddening woman asked with undisguised sarcasm in her voice.

"Yes!"

She nodded in agreement. "Very well. I will leave you alone so you can continue making yourself more beautiful in Alfonso Orsini's eyes." Before I have the chance to reply she was about to leave my room with a parting grin. "Just call me if you need anything. I will be at the kitchen."

I let go of Anna's jesting and just focus on applying makeup on my face. I am not really dressing up for Alfonso just like Anna accused. This is how I normally dress when going out.

I am a woman of fashion and I always dress to impress.

Once I was done with my makeup, I put things on my handbag such as my sunglasses to protect my pretty eyes from the harsh rays of sunlight, perfume to keep me smell good throughout the day, a satin handkerchief with my embroiled initial of my name, some of my makeup essentials and of course my wallet.

Hmm...What else did I forget to put in my handbag? A mirthless smile fitted my lips when I happened to gaze at my bookshelves.

I plucked a certain book from my collection and also placed it inside my bag.

I looked at myself one last time in my dressing mirror to see that I am ready for my picnic date with the arrogant Orsini heir.

I glanced at my wristwatch. It's almost time he should be here anytime now. I decide to wait for him in the living room.