Chapter 12

CLAUDIA

Another week had passed. Once again I am meeting Alfonso for another date it's not that I am excited about our trip today but I got curious last week when he told me that he wants us to ride his motorcycle in the countryside.

I made sure that my outfit was appropriate for our trip, glancing at my reflection in the full-length mirror in my room. I think I am ready for our second date.

"Oops..." I saw Anna through the reflection of the mirror that she was leaning in my doorway with a smirk playing on her lips. "...somebody is excited about her date with the handsome, Alfonso."

"I don't know what you mean." I acted innocent while checking my outfit meticulously. Is this okay for our trip? Should I look for some more?

"Oh, yeah?" Anna asked maddeningly, advancing to my room even further. She sat on my bed while looking at me with interest. "Then, how can you explain this mess on your bed? Tell me, how many outfits have you tried in the last hour?"

I grimaced at my reflection in the mirror as I saw the scattered clothes haphazardly thrown on the bed. "I am just not sure what to wear. We're going to ride his motorcycle, after all."

There was a satisfied smile on my best friend's face. "Then, you are excited about your date! Oh my God, I think Alfonso is making a good job with these dates. I knew that man is a sleek bastard."

I turned around and scowled in her direction. "We're just pretending remember? These dates aren't real. He was just using me as a decoy so he can date Violetta Ricci in secret and I am using him so Dante will feel a slight competition."

"You sound so bitter, Claudia." Anna reflected that had me taken aback.

I didn't know what makes my friend say that but I was sure that she was highly mistaken. I don't have feelings for Alfonso whatsoever. "I am not!"

She gave me a knowing smile. "If you say so, dear. Do you think you can make Alfonso fall in love with you?"

"I know, I can," I said confidently, fixing my appearance one last time. I do believe in my charm and that I can make him fall for me.

"Well, I think this is going to be interesting from now on."

I turned around to look at my best friend with a frown. "What do you mean?"

The corner of her mouth curved with a smile. She stood from my bed and gave me a taunting gaze. "Ah, it's a secret for now. I will be in the kitchen if you need anything."

I don't understand that woman sometimes, there were times that she was being cryptic just like now. I shook my head in resignation. I just let it pass and focus my attention back on fixing my makeup.

Half an hour later, Anna told me that my handsome suitor had finally arrived. For a moment, I thought she was talking about Dante then I realized that she doesn't much like Dante. That must be the reason why she's pushing me in the direction of Alfonso Orsini more.

I went out of my room and I found him waiting for me in the living room. My heart did a somersault in my chest when he turned around and looked in my direction.

But did he have to be so damn gorgeous always! I hate to admit but he's so handsome today in his swept-up hair, jeans, and sheepskin leather jacket that defined the look of a rebellious teenager who felt misunderstood by his parents.

"Ready?" He asked with a rakish grin, eyeing me from head to toe.

I only managed to give him a nod. I mentally screamed the way he was looking at me, it was not a lewd stare but a gaze with such intensity.