Chapter 30

ALFONSO

I've never been more excited to see Rome until today. After the not-so-pleasant trip, I have with Violet in Lake Como and the number of tears she shed because I told her cruelly—in her own words—that I am throwing her away because of some woman I just met.

Truly, I couldn't blame her for accusing me of that since I feel like a complete ass for treating her like that but I couldn't help it since falling for another woman is not in my control. I mean I tried to stop myself but I cannot teach my heart how to feel.

I sighed deeply remembering our unpleasant partings in Lake Como. Yes, we didn't arrive back in Rome. When I went back in the wee hours of the morning after walking away into my room when Violet decided to coax me to sleep on the same bed with her, I found her sitting straight on my bed fully dressed with her coldest eyes directed at me.

"I'm leaving, Alfonso," she said icily, there was visible anger in her eyes. "I've already check-out at the hotel."

"Violet," I started, giving her my most heartfelt apologetic look. "About last night—"

"Save it." She said harshly, abruptly standing from the bed. "If that's another apology for the nonsense you keep on saying last night then I don't want to hear it. Now if it's about leaving me last night after I took up the courage and offer myself to you then apology not accepted."

I cringed at her words, it made me feel like the worst kind of bastard. I was well aware that no one can resist a beautiful and accomplished actress like Violetta Ricci. I was probably the first man to refuse her blatant offer like that but I am not like most men. I knew that I don't have an official relationship with Claudia and that giving in to the temptation violet had been offering last night would be okay.

But I don't want to kill my chance with Claudia for the temporary pleasure of sex. I might lose something permanent in the future if I let myself give in to the invitation.

"I'm sorry." I knew that it was already futile by now but I at least want to try to appease my conscience. Although we already have this understanding that I should wait until she can announce to the public that we were dating I didn't expect that I would fall in love with another woman while waiting for that day.

"I said, save it, Alfonso, why do you keep on apologizing?" She asked in an irate tone. "I don't want to hear yours bullshits of falling for another woman because I know it's not true. You are just pressuring me to make our relationship in public."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Why does she's being difficult today? "Violet, listen to me..."

"I've decided," she cut me off. She was much calmer now than when I first arrive she walked closer to I'd been standing and place both of her hands on my chest. She looked at me with loving eyes. "I know I've been unfair to you by asking to keep our relationship a secret from the public but now I am ready to announce it."

I gently removed her hands from me and put some space between us as if I was burned. "You don't have to do that!" I looked at her with a worried expression. "I didn't say that because I want to pressure you. I only want to be honest with you."

"Honest with me!" She exploded angrily. "How can you be honest with me if you keep on spouting nonsense like this? I know you are just saying this to hurt me for leaving you hanging for so long, darling."

I shook my head in resignation. How can she be stubborn for not accepting the truth? "Forgive me, Violet. I didn't mean to end this thing we have just like this but I have to."

She stared at me speechlessly for a long moment. She was looking at me as if I have grown another head on my shoulder. "Who is she?" She queried in a dead tone voice. "How can you throw me away because of just some random woman you just met? How can you cast aside cruelly the years we've been together because you met someone new?"