Chapter 36

CLAUDIA

Of all the things I expected when I agree to join Alfonso for a night of drinks with his friends, this was certainly the last thing I predicted.

I didn't bother to ask Alfonso about this newcomer since I knew this woman. How can't I? Even if this was the first time seeing her in person her movie posters were often displayed in movie houses, for God's sake I even watched some of her movies.

Violetta Ricci.

The subject of Alfonso Orsini's adoration in the past before I met him. The woman who makes this man do crazy things for her even agreeing to be her little dirty secret. I mean, how pitiful that was!

I slid an accusing gaze on the man sitting next to me it seems that he's equally astonished by the sudden turn of events as he paled considerably. It appeared that he realized that I was looking at him and he looked down at me with pleading eyes. "I swear I didn't know anything about this." He explained his side to me and then he threw a murderous glare at his friends who had different reactions.

"Who is she?" The actress asked to the stark silence.

I looked at the men sitting at the table with me. They all seemed to lose their balls in their groin because of this woman's outburst, I shook my head regretfully from the look on their faces it was as if they don't have the intention of introducing me to this woman even Alfonso.

"Who is she?" Miss Ricci repeated her question but this time there was firmness in her tone that demand an immediate answer.

I eyed the men one last time. Very well, if they didn't have the heart to make the introduction I would gladly acquaint with her. I stood from my chair and presented her with my brightest smile—one that could rival a famous actress's million-dollar smile.

I was about to speak when Alfonso finally regain his sanity and held my wrist tightly. "Claudia, let me handle this..."

I affectionately touched his cheek with my free hand, a gesture I made sure didn't go unnoticed by an onlooker. "I got this, love."

I suddenly wanted to laugh out loud because a simple gesture as that could make his ears go red and I didn't miss the way someone from this table whistled softly. I didn't have the chance to see who that was, unfortunately.

Alfonso reluctantly let go of my hand and watched me silently as I made my way in the direction of the actress who stood frozen in the doorway. Once again, I offered her my brightest smile as I held out my hand in her direction. "Claudia Romano. Alfonso's girlfriend and you are...?"

From the look on her face, I was not sure if it came from the fact that I just told her that I am Alfonso's girlfriend or the fact that I pretend not to know her even though she's one of the most famous personalities in Italy.

"You are what?" She stated, scowling in my direction darkly.

I didn't realize that this woman have trouble hearing Alfonso had made no mention of that to me so for her benefit I would retell her. "The girlfriend of your ex—that is."

I was well aware that I might look like kind of picking a fight here but I cannot help it. I knew sooner or later an encounter like this would be inevitable. It seems that I was in a deep staring contest with this woman that I didn't even notice that Alfonso was already on my side.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed, at the woman who had once been the love of his life. Such tragedy that could occur one moment you were his world—then the next moment you were cast aside in his life. Now it makes me wonder if that would also happen to me.