Test of Time 2

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Hiccup asked as people piled into the Great Hall.
    "No, but we don't have a choice," Astrid shrugged. "At least we don't have to worry about people constantly asking when we're having kids," she laughed and pointed to her stomach.
    "No, we just get to explain that we actually did get married before the baby." Apparently that thought had not occurred to Astrid because her face paled.
    "You'd better sound convincing," she warned in a tone that made Hiccup fear for his life. Astrid was normally scary, but pregnant hormonal Astrid was absolutely terrifying. As people started to settle down, it was time to give them the shock of their lives.
    "Here goes nothing," he mumbled before standing. "Okay first of all, thank you for coming on such short notice-"
    "Hurry up it's late!" Came Snotlout's voice.
    "Shut it Snotlout!" Astrid replied from her seat.
    "As I was saying," Hiccup continued, glaring at Snotlout in the process. "The past year has been one of the hardest years in Berk history. We've had to completely change everything we were used to including our homes." He looked over at Astrid and she nodded so slightly that only he could see it. "There is another change that I purposely kept from you. Whether it was the right choice or not I don't know, but I did what I felt was best. Even though I have lost everything I knew, I gained twice as much. I lost my dad and my best friend, but I found my mom and-" He paused and looked at Astrid. Then seeming to make a decision pulled her up to stand beside him. "And the one person I know I can count on no matter what. The new Chieftess of Berk." The room burst into a million questions.
    "Are we gonna tell them about the other surprise now too?" Astrid asked since no one could hear them anyway.
    "Might as well shock them twice," Hiccup replied with a shrug. As if they had planned it that way, someone yelled,
    "When will there be an heir?!"
    "If everyone will calm down, we'll answer as many questions as possible," Hiccup called and waited a moment before continuing. "I know you all want to know when to expect an heir. And I'm happy to tell you that in about five months you can expect the newest member of Berk to be making his or her arrival."
    "I'm gonna be an uncle!" Tuff yelled. Shouts of congratulations rang throughout the Great Hall.
    "To the Chief and Chieftess!"
-
-
-
    "Well that went better than I expected," Astrid said as she climbed into bed. "I mean we still have days of questions to answer, but no one seemed to majorly freak out."
    "Other than Tuff," Hiccup added.
    "Yeah but he's Tuff, he's always gonna freak out over something." Hiccup nodded and sat down to detach his prosthetic. The minute he lay back, Astrid scooted closed until her back was pressed against his chest. She was far enough along in her pregnancy that she couldn't comfortably sleep cuddled against him anymore and she'd be lying if she said she didn't miss it.
    "How in the world did you ever sleep before we got married because you have got to be the cuddliest sleeper I've ever seen," Hiccup laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.
    "Not nearly as well," she said, though her voice was already showing how tired she was. Hiccup smiled as she slowly drifted off to sleep. He gently moved his free arm a little so it was wrapped around her stomach and soon fell asleep as well, holding the two people he loved most in his arms. Every night he was afraid he'd wake up and find out that all of this had just been a dream. And every morning he woke up and realized it really was real, and he was the luckiest man in the world.

Sorry for being so inactive, but I really needed the break. My knee is still injured but it is feeling a bit better since I started doing physical therapy. I've actually written quite a bit, I just have to get all the stories edited and ready to post. Also, I've been hanging out on my Instagram recently because last Saturday marked ten years since I first watched How to Train Your Dragon. Feel free to check it out but no pressure (same username). In other news, I'm moving this month for an out of state internship so my fall will be very VERY busy. It's not a permanent move but since the last time I moved was when I was one it will be a major adjustment for me. I'll try to still post but they might be kinda far apart. Thank you for being patient with me, and I hope you have a great week.