Whoops

Two months of marriage and so far no catastrophes. Well, apart from the near constant teasing after the first few weeks, but that was to be expected.
"Hiccup, where's my fur lined skirt?" Astrid called as she looked through the closet and dressers.
"I thought you put it in the closet," Hiccup replied as he attached his prosthetic. She looked again, but got sidetracked when her stomach flipped. "Astrid, are you okay?" She was turning green. She shook her head violently and ran into the bathroom, barely making it before throwing up. Hiccup quickly pulled her hair out of her face, tying it into a ponytail.
"Thanks," she croaked out weakly, not daring to raise her head for fear of throwing up again.
"Where did that come from? You were fine last night weren't you?" She nodded before throwing up again.
"It's probably just a stomach bug of some sort," she replied after she felt she was finally okay to stand up again. Hiccup handed her a towel, which she gratefully took and wiped her mouth.
"Do you want me to get Gothi?"
"No, I'll be fine, you go on to the Great Hall. New Berk needs its Chief," she smiled and kissed his cheek.
"Yes, but you need someone to take care of you," he objected, pulling her close, his hands resting on her waist.
"If it would make you feel better, you can send my mom over," Astrid suggested, knowing he wouldn't be happy just leaving her by herself. This seemed to work, because he smiled widely before kissing her forehead and going to change.
"If you need me just send her to get me."
"Oh good grief, just go mr. overprotective, I'll see you when you get home." Hiccup chuckled at her nickname before heading to get her mom. Astrid shook her head and sat down on the bed, still thinking about how ridiculous and amazing her husband was. She decided to try to get some sleep since she clearly wasn't going to be going out today. Just as she was about to fall asleep, she heard the door open downstairs. She sat up a little and fixed her ponytail.
"Well it's nice to know you still need me for something," Ingrid said as she peeked her head in the door.
"I'll always need you, Mom," Astrid said with a smile. Ingrid grabbed a chair and sat beside her. She immediately checked to make sure she didn't have a fever, which thankfully she didn't, but that opened up another possibility and she wasn't quite sure how to approach it.
"Well, you don't have a fever." Astrid didn't miss the skepticism in her voice.
"But," she added, knowing there was something her mom wasn't telling her.
"I- I don't know how to tell you this-"
"Mom, please tell me." Ingrid looked her daughter in the eyes, and could see that she was worried.
"I think you might be pregnant." Astrid's eyes widened.
"No, no, no, no way, I can't be pregnant, at least, not yet!"
"Astrid, it's okay. You'll be fine. I'm going to go get Gothi just to make sure and maybe figure out how far along you are." She noticed tears falling from her eyes and gently wiped them away. "Hey, what's wrong?"
"I'm terrified. I don't know how to be a mom, I can barely cook, and I have no clue how Hiccup will react. What if he doesn't want the baby, or he's mad at me, or-"
"Astrid, you know he's not going to be mad at you. He loves you more than anything, and he's going to be thrilled about the baby. Plus it's not exactly just your fault." That made Astrid laugh a little. "That's my girl, I'll be back soon." Astrid decided to sit outside for a little while, mainly to try to process the knowledge that she very well could be pregnant.
She was probably biased, but their house had the best view on the island. She looked toward the village and could see her mom outside Gothi's hut. She was crossing her fingers they didn't run into Hiccup on their way back because he would insist on coming with them.
About ten minutes later, Ingrid and Gothi came upstairs and the expression on Gothi's face made Astrid blush furiously. She gestured for her to lay down so she could confirm what they had all pretty much accepted as fact at this point. The only real question at this point was just how far along she was.
"In case you couldn't tell, she wasn't the least bit surprised when I told her why I was there," Ingrid said teasingly. Astrid just rolled her eyes, ignoring the comment, though her face was still flushed. After about five minutes, Gothi let her sit up and the smirk on her face was answer enough.
"Okay, I get that I'm pregnant, but how far along am I?" Astrid asked, trying to hide how nervous she was inside. Gothi simply held up two fingers. "Two weeks?" She shook her head. Astrid's face paled and her eyes widened. "T- two months?" She nodded, thoroughly enjoying the expression on Astrid's face.
"What?!" Ingrid exclaimed, clearly not expecting her to be that far along. "Wait, wait, wait, that means-"
"Yes, Mom, I think we all realize what that means," Astrid cut her off hurriedly. "Oh Thor how am I going to tell Hiccup?"
"Do you want me to get him?" Ingrid suggested.
"No, I need to think of some way to tell him, that might break the news a little bit gentler than just saying, 'I'm pregnant.'"
"Do you want me to stay or do you want time to yourself?" Ingrid asked, even though she already knew the answer.
"I think I need time to process it." Ingrid nodded, totally understanding. It was a lot to think about, especially since they were still very newly married.
"Well let me know if you need anything, and good luck." Astrid smiled gratefully before her mom and Gothi left.
"And now I get to process the fact that I'm two months pregnant," she said to herself and slumped back in bed. "I can't believe this, I got pregnant on my wedding night," she groaned, and rolled over, examining the carving of Stormfly on the bed post. She wished more than ever that Stormfly was here. She really needed her best friend right now. "I miss you so much Stormfly. I hope your safe." Her stomach finally started to calm down and she fell asleep.
She must have been more tired than she thought because she woke up to Hiccup kissing her cheek.
"You feeling better?" He asked, brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes.
"A little," she replied. Then it hit her that she had to tell him about the baby. "My mom brought Gothi over to see what was wrong," she started slowly.
"And what did she say, or I guess scribble?"
"Apparently the cause has been present for awhile, but I wasn't feeling the effects until now."
"Okay, I'm confused. What's making you sick has been around, but you weren't sick until now?" She nodded, seeing if he was starting to catch on at all. Apparently he wasn't, so she elaborated a bit more.
"I'll probably still be sick for awhile, definitely will gain some weight, and I'll probably have to stop working at some point." She saw something in his face that made her think he was starting to understand.
"Astrid, will these problems go away in nine months?" He asked slowly.
"Try seven," she said and couldn't help laugh at how wide his eyes got.
"You're- two?" She nodded nervously. He ran a hand through his hair trying to process what he just realized. "Wait, wait, wait, so if you're two months then that means-"
"Let's just say that our two month anniversary and when I hit being two months pregnant were the same day," she said, chuckling nervously, still not sure how he was taking this incredibly unexpected news. "Are you mad?"
"What? No, I'm not mad," he said quickly. "I'm surprised, but definitely not mad." He looked up at her and saw that she still looked nervous. "You okay?" He rested a hand on her cheek and she leaned against it, not looking at him immediately.
"I'm scared, Hiccup. What if I mess up somehow? Or what if something goes wrong with the baby? I just don't know if I can do this." Hiccup pulled her into his arms, hoping to calm her down at least a little.
"Astrid, there is no doubt in my mind that you can do this," he said after a few minutes. "It's okay to be scared. I'm scared too, but I promise that I'll be here for you no matter what." She smiled, and despite her nerves, she felt a sense of calm just knowing he was there.
"Thank you," she whispered, snuggling even closer to him. They waited a month before officially announcing the pregnancy, which meant the return of the teasing. Despite how unexpected this baby might be, everyone knew that their Chief and Chieftess would be amazing parents.

1534 words😱 This one shot ended up being waaaaay longer than I originally thought it would be, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. In other news, today is the 10th anniversary of when httyd first came to theaters, how crazy is that?! I can't even imagine my life without httyd at this point. It's become such a big part of my life that I genuinely wouldn't be the same without it. Anyway, I hope you're all staying home and staying safe. See you soon😀