Mother and Daughter

Takes place after season 2 of rtte.

    The Viggo episode had thrown everyone off, especially Hiccup.  So to rest and regroup, the riders had gone back to Berk for a few days. Astrid's parents had just finished rebuilding their house, so she actually had a home to go to this time.
    "It's good to have you back,"  Astrid's mom, Ingrid said as she helped her daughter put things away in her room.
    "I missed you too, Mom,"  Astrid replied.  "The Edge is great, but it's nice to be home again."  She continued putting things away, but Ingrid could tell something was off with her.
    "Astrid, you're not telling me something. What's wrong?"  Ingrid asked and sat on the bed.  Astrid did her best to hide her now very red face, but it was too late.  "Oh, I'll bet I can guess."  Astrid sighed and sat beside her.
    "You probably can,"  she gave in.  "It's Hiccup."  Ingrid sat there patiently, waiting for her daughter to continue.  "Sometimes I think he he likes me, but other times I don't know.  I wish he'd just tell me."  She wiped away the tears that threatened to fall.
    "Astrid, you've always been my brave girl, but just because you cry a little doesn't mean you aren't still brave,"  Ingrid said with a comforting smile.
    "I love him, Mom.  Sometimes I wish I didn't, but I can't change the fact that I do," Astrid said and let the tears fall.  Ingrid held her daughter close and smiled at her.  Her daughter was in love, and she knew he was in love with her too.
(Time skip to when the riders are on Berk in Shell Shocked part 1)
    It was time for Hiccup to present his plan before the council.  Astrid watched with pride as he explained it.  After the meeting and "talking" with Hiccup afterwards, {you know what part I'm talking about;)}  she went back to her house.
    "You look much happier than the last time we talked,"  Ingrid said with a smile.  "I take it something has changed?"  Astrid laughed a little.
    "You have no idea."

    Sorry it's so short but I did write a part 2 so I'll try to get that up tomorrow.  Also I'm working on a story so expect the first part of that very soon.