Late at Night

(Modern au) Just found this comic on Pinterest and it's literally perfect for this😂

"Astrid do you know what time it is?" Hayden asked, still half asleep.
"I do, but your child doesn't know how to tell time from inside the womb and she would like fries and a milkshake," Astrid replied and pulled the blankets off him. He sat up shivering and glared at her.
"You couldn't have cravings at a normal time could you?"
"Hey, I'm the one growing the human here so you have to be the one to go out in the cold." He groaned but got up anyway and started layering on warm clothing.
"Next time, we're making a list of all of the weird cravings you've ever had and we're stocking the freezer before they hit," he said firmly, grabbing his phone and keys.
"Aww you're cute when you're grumpy," Astrid said teasingly.
"Yeah yeah," he replied, rolling his eyes before kissing her. "I'll be back." She smiled, burying herself back under the blankets and turned on Netflix. She was halfway through her favorite episode of Gilmore Girls when she heard Hayden's car door close.
"Fries, a milkshake, and the cashier looking at me like I'm crazy all accomplished," he said as he handed her the food. She eagerly started eating and not two minutes later, the baby started kicking.
"Baby girl says thank you," she laughed. "She won't stop kicking." Hayden sat beside her and put his hands on her stomach.
"Whoa, you weren't kidding," he exclaimed. "She just loves daddy so much."
"Nah, it's the food," Astrid teased, earning a glare from her husband. "I'm kidding. She's gonna be a total daddy's girl. She already gets excited when you talk to her." If they weren't sure before that their daughter would be a daddy's girl, they certainly were about to get even more proof.
"You're gonna be daddy's baby girl aren't you," Hayden said and kissed his wife's stomach. He was immediately met by several kicks right where his hands were.
"Okay, that was easily the hardest she's ever kicked," Astrid laughed. "Next time we're having a boy so at least one of our kids prefers me."
"Jealous much?"
"Well since I'm the one doing all the hard work and yet our daughter prefers you, then yes, I am jealous," she replied sassily. The kicking slowly died down once the food was gone, as if the baby was saying, 'okay I'm full now, you can go back to sleep mom'. Astrid smiled and rubbed her stomach. "I can't wait to meet her."
"That makes two of us. Though I would like for her to wait until we get a car seat." Astrid burst out laughing at that. They were slowly but surely getting all of the baby necessities and quite enjoying the process. They agreed on most things, but the nursery theme was not one of them.
"The purple car seat," Astrid said, knowing full well that Hayden would object.
"You mean the pink car seat, but I'll let it slide this time."
"Fine, you can pick the baby stuff that goes in the car and I get to decide how to decorate the nursery."
"Uh uh, nice try milady," he replied quickly. "I may be half asleep but I'm not falling for that."
"But the purple is so cute," she whined.
"The pink is cuter," he countered.
"What about purple walls with pink flowers on them." Hayden paused and considered her suggestion.
"You know what, I like it."
"Wait really?! We actually agree on something nursery related?! Finally!!" They continued talking about different baby things until Astrid finally fell asleep again. Unfortunately, the way she felt most comfortable, was practically squeezing the life out her husband.
"Well at least she fell asleep," he thought to himself as he tried to find a way to breathe more easily. He finally found one and was able to fall asleep. However, four hours later he was woken up by a quiet whisper.
"I want pancakes."
"Here we go again."

First of all, thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my last post.  It's definitely been a rough few weeks for multiple reasons, and I really appreciate your patience.  I'm still working on part two of the Pirates of the Caribbean story but I'm getting close to the end.  The problem I'm having is I'm stuck because I want to get the ending just right.  Regardless, I think you'll really like it and I have several more one shots in the works so content will be coming.  Have a blessed week😀