Yep, She's Pregnant

Modern au

    Astrid Haddock had what some might call a dream life.  She was a professional dancer and got to go on tour with her best friends.  She had the sweetest husband in the world who's family was rich enough that neither of them would ever have to work again if they didn't want to.  Of course they were both stubborn so they kept working, but they loved their jobs so it wasn't a problem for either of them.
    "How do you keep making that routine even better?" Heather asked as Astrid grabbed her water bottle.
    "Are you kidding?  That was awful!" Astrid exclaimed, flopping onto the floor.  "What is wrong with me?"  Heather sat beside her and looked at her friend curiously.
    "Astrid, that was incredible what are you talking about?"  Suddenly, Astrid bolted up and ran to the nearest trash can, emptying her breakfast into it.
    "Ugh I'm so over this!" Astrid complained, wiping her mouth and taking the water Heather offered her.  "I'm sick, I'm moody, I can't sleep, I can't get the choreography right, I-"  She froze and realized what she was saying.  "Oh my gosh I'm pregnant."
    "What?!  Congratulations!" Heather exclaimed and hugged her.  She pulled back and looked at a very dazed Astrid.  "You don't seem very happy."
    "Heather, Hayden and I haven't even been married for a full year yet.  We're getting ready to go on tour, I can't be pregnant right now."
    "Why don't I call Hayden and you two can figure things out."
    "I can't I have rehearsal and-"
    "Nope you need rest.  Now go grab your stuff."  Astrid rolled her eyes but went anyway knowing that she couldn't win this argument.  She couldn't believe she was really pregnant.  Now she had to figure out how to tell Hayden which worried her more than the pregnancy itself.  She took a quick shower and used the time to collect her thoughts.  When she went back to the arena she saw Hayden standing there, arms crossed and looking very unhappy.
    "Now why didn't you call me and tell me you were sick for yourself?" He asked, obviously upset.
    "Because I knew you'd worry," she replied, not sure if that answer would be enough.
    "Of course I would worry but that's not an excuse."
    "I just didn't want you to worry unnecessarily.  If I was really, really sick I would have called you."  He didn't respond and they walked out to the car in silence.
    "I'm taking you to the doctor," he said eventually as they were driving home.
    "Hayden it's really not necessary, a doctor can't help me," she said and rested a hand on his arm reassuringly, but it seemed to only worry him more
    "Are you that sick?"
    "No, babe I'm fine really, but I do need some things.  Maybe some crackers and sprite."  She took a deep breath before continuing.  "And a pregnancy test."  It was lucky they were at a stop light because Hayden sharply turned toward her.
    "Is that why you were sick?"  She nodded and smiled weakly.
    "Are you okay with it?  I know it's kind of too late to be asking that but I just want to know if you could at least warm up to it."  He smiled and grabbed her hand.
    "I'm more than okay with it," he said and kissed the back of her hand since he couldn't actually kiss her while driving.  "I'm going to take you home first and then I'll go get the other stuff.  Do you really think you're pregnant?"  She thought for a moment, resting her free hand on her stomach.  Thinking about the fact that there was a living human being growing inside her.
    "Yeah, I really do.  I mean it all makes sense thinking about it now.  I should've realized it sooner," she said and laughed a little.  "I guess I'm still as oblivious as I was before we started dating."  He smiled at the memory as they pulled into their driveway.
    "I'll be back soon," he said and kissed her before she got out of the car.
    "We'll be waiting," she replied and went inside.  Of course when he got back and she took the pregnancy test it was positive.  They were both excited to see what new adventures would come with this new tiny person.