Meet ____ Haddock part 2

"Twelve," Heather counted as Astrid wearily stepped down from the last stair.  "You need to take a break, and definitely need to drink water."  She flopped on the couch beside Hiccup who handed her a cup of water and placed a cool cloth on the back of her neck.
    "How are the contractions?" He asked.  She shook her head as she downed the last bit of water in the cup.
    "Still irregular," she said, exhaustion filled her voice.  Both Hiccup and Heather noticed this and exchanged a look that meant it was time for her to stop.
    "Astrid, you need to go lay down," Heather said finally.  It'd be better for Hiccup to back her up if Astrid objected rather than the other way around.  "We have to check on your progress as well as how the baby is doing."  That got her.  She climbed back upstairs, but this time, with a little extra help.  Ingrid and Valka were already busy getting everything ready for when the baby decided to make its appearance. Which still didn't seem to be much closer than it was before.
    "I'm so sick of climbing stairs," Astrid complained, carefully laying back on the bed.
    "Well hopefully the baby will decide to come soon and you won't have to climb stairs for at least a week," Valka said encouragingly.  She and Ingrid made sure everything was okay both with mom and baby.  "Good news.  The baby is fine and you're about four centimeters dilated."  Astrid looked at her in shock.
    "Are you serious? There's no way!"
    "I expect it'll go up to five before long," Ingrid laughed at the expression on her daughter's face.  She really was much stronger than she realized.  Twice now she had gone into labor practically without realizing it.
    "Well I guess that means I won't be pregnant anymore in a couple of hours," Astrid laughed and looked up at her husband.  Unfortunately, she stopped abruptly when another contraction hit, this one more intense than the previous ones had been.
    "It would seem that the stairs did indeed help get things going," Ingrid said as she put another pillow under Astrid's head.
    "Please tell me I don't have to do this again?" Astrid begged, squeezing Hiccup's hand as if her life depended on it.  He smiled sadly and kissed her head.
    "I think we're done," he agreed and she immediately sighed in relief.  To be honest though, they hadn't really planned on even three kids.  Zephyr was a surprise, Nuffink was semi planned, and this baby was definitely a surprise.  They thought Nuffink would be the last, but apparently not.
    "Oh yep definitely closer together now," Astrid said quickly as the next contraction hit less than two minutes after the previous one.  "Oh I am so ready for this to be over!"  She tried her best to hold in her screams, but it was getting harder and harder each second.
    "Astrid, you need to breathe," Valka reminded her.  "It's okay to scream, but you can't hold your breath."  She let out a breath and the scream came with it.  Hiccup hated seeing her in so much pain.  He rubbed her back gently and she held onto him tightly.
    "Hiccup, I can't do this," she cried into his chest.
    "Yes you can, I know you you can."  Her contractions increased for the next hour and a half, but then it was finally time to start pushing.
    "This child needs to get out of me now," Astrid said firmly, making everyone chuckle a little.
    "Well, then let's see who's been taking their time coming to meet us," Ingrid said.  This was by far the longest labor she's had, and apparently the most stubborn child they had as well.  It took thirty minutes before the baby finally made its entrance.  But something was wrong.
    "The cord is wrapped around its neck!" Valka panicked.  Ingrid and Heather quickly jumped in and tried to get the baby to breathe, but it wasn't working.
    "Come on sweet baby, take a breath please!" Ingrid pleaded with tears in her eyes.
    "Hiccup, what's going on?" Astrid asked, getting more and more panicked that she didn't have her baby in her arms.
    "Keep her calm!" Heather demanded before he could reply.  "If she panics she'll start bleeding again and she's already lost a lot of blood." Hiccup nodded, trying his best to hide the fact that he was absolutely terrified.
    "Where's our baby?!" Astrid screamed.
    "Astrid, please try to calm down," Hiccup said shakily.  "I can't lose you both."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please don't kill me🤭🙅🏼‍♀️😬