Freezing

Sorry this one's a little short, but it's pretty much pure hiccstrid fluff.  Hope you enjoy it😀

    Winters for the Hooligan tribe had always been rough, but now that they were on New Berk it was bitterly cold.  Astrid had never loved the winter, but now she absolutely hated it.  That is unless Hiccup was home, which unfortunately for her, he wasn't just yet.  She was curled up in bed trying to fall asleep, but she already knew it was pointless.  It was just too cold even with four blankets piled on top of her.  She still wondered how she had survived so many winters without him.  When they started dating, they usually spent the evenings together, which often ended up with them falling asleep in front of the fire.  Now that they were married though, she couldn't fall asleep unless he was beside her.  After another half hour of freezing, she heard the door open downstairs.  He was finally home.  She was the one to handle things early in the morning, so she was almost always home first.  Hiccup was so far from being a morning person it was hilarious, which is why it was best for everyone if he handle the late night stuff.
    "What are you still doing up?" Hiccup asked when he walked upstairs.
    "It's freezing up here," Astrid shivered and sat up a little.  "Warmth please."  She held out her arms.
    "Just let me change first okay?" Hiccup said and laughed.
    "Fine," Astrid said and crossed her arms impatiently.  "You done yet?"
    "My goodness someone is impatient.  How did you survive through all those winters without me?"
    "I don't know, now hurry up!  I can't feel my legs anymore.  Are they even still there or are they frozen off?"  Hiccup made the fatal mistake of sitting down on their bed, because Astrid immediately wrapped her arms and legs around him to try to get warm.
    "Astrid, please wait just two minutes," Hiccup said and tried to pry her off his back.
    "No, you sat down here so it's your own fault," she said and smiled triumphantly to herself.
    "Why can't you just sit in front of the fire until I'm done?"
    "Because I can't cuddle with fire now can I?" Hiccup eventually gave up and had to just figure out a way to take off the leather with her still clinging to his back.  It took three times as long but finally he was done.
    "Okay come here you," he said and she eagerly snuggled into his chest.  He wrapped the blankets over them both before wrapping his arms around her.
    "Much better," she sighed and after a few minutes she was fast asleep.  Hiccup just smiled and moved her a little so he could be more comfortable.
    "Goodnight milady," he whispered, gently kissing her head before drifting off to sleep himself.