Needing You

I'm sooooooooo sorry I've been MIA lately but I had my first college midterms and a play all at the same time so writing/posting got pushed to the side. Hopefully this makes up for it at least a little bit.

Astrid was four months pregnant and morning sickness had hit her like a dragon. She couldn't leave the house and some days, she couldn't even get out of bed.  Valka was helping her out by taking over her duties as general until she was feeling better. Ingrid had been there almost every day to take care of her daughter until Hiccup came back home.
"Was I this mean to you when you were pregnant?" Astrid asked as her mom handed her a cold washcloth.
"Not this bad, but you weren't easy," Ingrid replied with a smile. "Everything was worth it when I held you in my arms." Astrid smiled and put her hands on her stomach.
"I'm so ready to leave this house," Astrid said in annoyance. "I miss being outside, being asked constant questions about the stupidest things, being able to eat lunch with my husband, or being able to eat lunch at all. I hope this ends soon."
"I hope so too. I don't like seeing my baby girl so miserable." Astrid tried to stifle a yawn but of course her mom saw it. "Why don't you take a nap, you need as much rest as possible." Astrid nodded and rolled onto her side. Ingrid got up and went downstairs. While her daughter slept, she had a surprise planned for her. She walked outside and saw Valka talking to Hiccup.
"Mom, I can't leave all this for you-" he argued.
"Gobber and Eret will be helping her," Ingrid said as she walked up to them.
"Everything is all taken care of, now go," Valka said with a smile and pointed to his house. He opened his mouth but Valka wouldn't let him continue. "Your wife needs you, and only you." He sighed before nodding.
"Okay, you win," he said and headed toward his house. He quietly opened the door and went upstairs.  Astrid was sound asleep and he couldn't help but smile at her. She had her hand on her stomach, and for the first time in a while, she didn't look miserable. He changed out of his armor and into clean clothes. He quietly sat beside her and grabbed a book. He decided to let her sleep as long as possible, since that was the only time she didn't feel sick. He stayed there for about an hour before Astrid stirred beside him. She sat up and jumped when she saw him beside her.
"Hiccup? What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.
"I live here," he replied with a smirk. She glared at him, before he began to explain. "I was ordered to come home. Your mom and mine have everything in the village all taken care of so I stay home for a while and take care of you."
"Really?!" She exclaimed.
"Yep, I'm all yours," he replied and kissed her head.
"You're always mine, but I'm glad I don't have to share." She wrapped her arms around him and snuggled closer to him.
"Did you know I love you?" He asked.
"Believe it or not, I did get that idea, especially since I'm carrying your child," she replied with a chuckle, but that quickly ended when she felt a wave of nausea. She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom with Hiccup close behind her. He held her hair away from her face while she threw up. When she was finished, she leaned back against his chest and sighed. "I'm so ready for this baby to be out of me."
"I know," he said and kissed her head. "But this won't last forever, and I'll be here for you every step of the way."
"Thank you, Hiccup. I can't imagine doing this without you."
"You won't have to, Astrid. That's a promise."