Magical Surprise

Modern au

"I already told you, I don't know where we're going. He just told me to keep the week open and he's picking me in two hours," Astrid said as she packed. "Why are you still awake anyway, it's after midnight?"
"Oh I can't sleep with all this suspense," Heather said from over the phone. "Riley texted me earlier, begging me to tell her anything I knew. But I still know nothing about it." They had just graduated college and the guys had decided to surprise them with a mystery trip.
"Well I still have a lot to pack so I'll see you soon," Astrid said.
"Alright, see you later," Heather replied before hanging up. Astrid plugged in her phone to let it charge before the flight. After another twenty minutes she was packed and ready to go. She sat on the couch and watched Netflix until she heard a knock on the door. She jumped up and ran to answer it.
"Ready to go?" Hayden asked with a smile. She nodded and said a quick goodbye to her parents while he put her suitcase in the trunk of his car.
"So any hints about where we're going," she asked once they were on their way to the airport.
"Nope, you're just going to have to be patient," Hayden replied and kissed her hand.
"Fine, go be all Mr. Mysterious on me," Astrid said and rolled her eyes playfully. They had been dating since their high school graduation, and everyone was expecting them to get engaged any day now. Little did Astrid know that it might be sooner than expected. It was about an hour to get to the airport due to traffic so everyone was already there.
"Alright the power couple is here, now tell us where we're going!" Riley demanded as she punched her brother in frustration.
"Please tell her before she attacks me," Scott said and tried to hide from his very angry girlfriend.
"Okay okay, we have to get the plane tickets anyway," Hayden said and laughed. "So it's not exactly a short flight and I really hope you all packed cool clothes because it's very hot where we're going."
"Babe, quit stalling," Astrid said impatiently.
"If you insist, we're going to Disney World," he said which was met by three excited screams from the girls.
"Oh my gosh you're the best!" Astrid screamed and jumped into his arms. "Oh I should have brought my Minnie ears."
"I had your mom grab them and they're in my suitcase," Hayden replied. They all made it through security and were soon on their way to Florida. The twins argued pretty much the entire way there, poor Scott was trying to calm Riley down, Heather and Eric talked quietly, Fisher read, and Hayden and Astrid were able to fall asleep. A few hours later, they were woken up by the announcement that they would be landing soon. Astrid stirred and pulled her head off Hayden's shoulder.
"Good morning," he said and kissed her head. She smiled and tried to fix her hair and makeup. "You don't have to do that, you're already beautiful."
"You're sweet, but a terrible liar," she replied and continued fixing herself. By the time she was done, everyone was getting out of their seats. They grabbed their bags and suitcases and got on the bus to the hotel.
"So which hotel are we staying at?" Heather asked and took a sip of her coffee.
"That's a surprise, besides we won't see the rooms till later," Eric replied and wrapped an arm around her. "We're dropping our stuff off and they'll put it in the rooms when they're ready. In the meantime, we'll be at the parks."
"Which one first?" Riley asked excitedly.
"Where else? Magic Kingdom," Scott said. The bus ride was relatively short, and they all decided that they liked the hotel of choice which was Art of Animation. They got off one bus and onto another. The girls were able to find seats, but the guys decided to stay standing.
"Hey," Eric whispered and tapped Hayden's shoulder. "Nervous?"
"You have no idea," Hayden replied subtly. "I keep checking every two minutes to make sure it's still there." Eric just chuckled and turned his attention back to his girlfriend. Hayden looked at Astrid and couldn't help but stare as she looked out the window with a wide smile. When they got to the park, they got everything organized and made sure everyone had their Magic Bands.
"Alright, everyone ready?" Tyler exclaimed. They all nodded and headed for the gate. Astrid noticed that Hayden seemed to be nervous about something and grabbed his hand gently.
"You okay?" She asked, her voice filled with concern.
"Yeah I'm fine, just lost in thought I guess," he replied and smiled at her. She nodded and decided to let it go for now and just enjoy herself. They waited patiently through the line, but the minute they were inside the twins ran to the nearest place that sells food.
"I better go make sure they don't get sick," Scott said and followed his girlfriend and her brother with a look that said he was going to be broke within the first hour.
"I'm going to go look at the gift shops, maybe I can find something for Meatlug," Fisher said and walked off.
"And then there were four," Heather said with a chuckle. "Where do we want to go first?" Hayden looked at Astrid and saw the excited expression on her face.
"I think Astrid votes for the castle," he replied and laughed. His girlfriend wasn't always the best at concealing her thoughts, but he was also just really good at reading her expressions. The two couples walked through the crowds of people until they were standing in front of the castle and the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse.
"No wonder Cinderella wanted to go to the castle so badly," Astrid said and took a picture with her phone. Hayden glanced over at Eric and nodded subtly. Eric whispered something to Heather. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth to conceal her gasp. She looked at Hayden and he nodded with a nervous smile. They backed away quietly and both got out their phones.
"Hey Astrid, let me take a picture of you in front of the castle," Heather said as a means of distraction. She turned to face the camera and didn't notice Hayden getting down on one knee behind her. "You might want to look behind you." Astrid looked at her curiously but looked anyway. She gasped and could instantly feel tears burning her eyes.
"I couldn't think of a better place to tell you how much I love you," Hayden said and held her hands. "You made me a better person without even trying and you're the best person I've ever known. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'll never stop being grateful that I did. I love you Astrid Hofferson. With everything I have, and I always will. So, will you marry me?" She nodded quickly.
"Yes, of course I will," she said through her tears. He stood up kissed her. Around them, people were cheering and shouting congratulations. Hayden slipped the ring on her finger and smiled at her.
"I love you so much," Astrid said and leaned her head against his. "And just for the record, I'm the lucky one."

If anyone else is like me and is missing the Disney parks like crazy, I hope this helps a little😄 I hope you are all staying safe and probably enjoying some extra time off. I've mainly been reading, writing, and binging baking shows on Netflix😂 Stay healthy and I'll see you soon😀