Now We are Four

"Astrid, you can't work today," Hiccup said as he pulled his wife's hair back into a ponytail.
"Hiccup I'll be fine," she said weakly and wiped the vomit off her mouth.
"No you're not, this time you can't win. You're staying home. I'll take Zephyr to your parents house and ask my mom to take over for the day."
"At least let Zephyr stay. I miss spending time with my baby girl," she begged.
"Not if you're contagious," he said and felt her forehead. "You have a slight fever." She groaned and followed him back into their bedroom.
"I can't win this one can I?" she asked and sat down. Hiccup shook his head and wrapped a blanket around her.
"I'll come home early," he said and kissed her head before going downstairs. She chuckled and went to grab the bucket from the bathroom. She climbed back in bed and decided to try and get some sleep. If she really was sick, then she needed to get better soon. She closed her eyes and waited for sleep to take over her. Suddenly she sat up and practically screamed.
"Oh my Thor I'm pregnant!" Then she quickly grabbed the bucket and threw up. She was in shock, but suddenly it made so much sense. She missed her last cycle, and possibly the one before that, but she had been so busy she figured it was stress related. She got out of bed and got dressed. She was going to go find Hiccup, and tell him the big news. She thought about telling Zephyr first, but she figured he would want to tell her as well. She didn't get a chance to make it outside before Hiccup walked back in carrying Zephyr.
"Well it looks like you're going to have a sick buddy," he said as Zephyr coughed. She saw Astrid and reached for her.
"Mama," she cried. Astrid grabbed her and rubbed her back gently.
"It's okay baby, I'm right here," Astrid said and kissed her head. "Hiccup, she's got a fever. Can you go get some medicine for her from Gothi?"
"But you're sick too." Astrid shook her head.
"I'll be fine, but I think you should stay home for the rest of the day. I'll need help with her." He nodded and went to go get the medicine. "Alright Zephyr, you're coming upstairs with Mommy while Daddy goes to get something to make you feel better." The little girl sniffled and snuggled closer to her. Astrid walked upstairs and put Zephyr down on their bed.
"Mama," she cried when Astrid started to walk away.
"I'm just getting a change of clothes for you and your Toothless, I'll be right back baby," she replied. She quickly grabbed what she needed and went back into the bedroom. Zephyr obediently stayed still while her mom put fresh clothes on her. "Here's Toothless." Zephyr grabbed the toy eagerly and snuggled against the pillows. Astrid chuckled a little and lay down beside her, allowing Zephyr to snuggle against her. She was never one to take naps, much to the frustration of her exhausted parents, but after a few minutes, she was sound asleep which further proved that she didn't feel good. Astrid smiled at her and waited patiently for Hiccup to come home with the medicine. He came in and, unfortunately that meant they had to wake the sleeping two year old.
"Zephyr, wake up sweetie," Hiccup said softly. The little girl rubbed her eyes and looked at him. "You need to take some medicine to make your tummy feel better." She frowned but took it, and was able to go right back to sleep.
"Hiccup, I need to talk to you," Astrid said quietly and slowly sat up, trying to avoid waking Zephyr. He looked at her with concern but nodded and got up with her. They walked into Zephyr's room so they would still be close by if she woke up.
"Astrid what's wrong?" He asked seriously. "Are you feeling sick again?" She smiled a little and shook her head.
"Hiccup, I'm not sick. I'm pregnant," she said and felt tears falling down her face.
"Wait really? You're-" he said and she nodded. He smiled and pulled her into his arms, kissing her. "We're going to have another baby," he whispered and kissed her again. They were interrupted by tiny sniffles coming from the door. They turned and saw Zephyr standing there with red eyes from crying.
"Mama? Dada? Why you sad?" She asked when she saw them crying.
"These are happy tears. Come here baby," Astrid said and held out her arms for her. The little girl walked over tentatively and reached up to be held. "We have a surprise for you." She looked up at Hiccup and nodded for him to tell her.
"You're going to be a big sister, Zephyr. There's a baby in Mommy's tummy." Zephyr looked back and forth at them curiously. Then she looked down at Astrid's stomach and pointed.
"Good girl Zephyr," Astrid said and kissed her head. "You're going to have a baby brother or sister." Zephyr looked at her stomach thoughtfully.
"Bwother," She said firmly. Hiccup and Astrid laughed and hugged her tightly. They would find out in a few short months that their daughter was smarter than they thought.

So sorry for not posting last weekend, but with all the unrest going on right now, posting a one shot was the last thing on my mind. It breaks my heart to see so much hatred in the world, and I've been taking a much needed break from social media. I have been writing but I've got a bit of writer's block right now so if the next few one shots I post have a few more errors it's because they're older ones. Anyway, I hope you stay safe and have a blessed week.