Mother and Daughter part 2

Takes place about three years after the first part

    "I'm going to see Mom,"  Astrid called upstairs to her husband.  "I'll be in the great hall in time for the meeting."
    "Alright, have fun,"  Hiccup called back and she left the house.  It had been a long time since she had been able to spend time with her mom, and she really missed it.  Being the general of Berk was hard enough, but now that she was the chief's wife as well, her work had almost doubled.  It was a short walk, but as usual, she was stopped along the way by people with problems that couldn't wait.  She finally made it to her parents house, and walked in.
    "Mom?  Are you upstairs?"  Astrid called.
    "I'll be right down,"  Ingrid called and came down a minute later.  She hugged Astrid and they sat down on the couch.
    "How is it being the chief's wife?"  Ingrid asked.
    "It's good, but super busy,"  Astrid replied.  "I mean we have meetings every day, and most nights we're half asleep before we make it upstairs."
    "It's definitely a lot of work.  I remember when Valka and Stoick were first married, they went through the same thing. You'll make it though,"  Ingrid said with a smile.  "Why don't you two take a few days off?"
    "I want to keep going as long as I can, because I'll have to take a long break when the baby comes,"  Astrid replied and rested her hand on her stomach.
    "Wait. You're pregnant?!"  Ingrid exclaimed.
    "Yeah, we found out a few days ago.  It looks like I'm only about eight weeks along, so it'll still be a while,"  Astrid said with a chuckle.  They spent the rest of the time talking about things for the baby, and what to expect during the pregnancy.  Needless to say, Ingrid was very excited to be a grandmother.

    Sorry it's so short but again I originally wrote this for Instagram. I'll post a longer one later today and it's drama heavy.