Night Out

Y'all I'm so sick today🤧  anywho this one shot was written after httyd3 so Zephyr finally makes an appearance.

    "Do you promise to be a good girl while we're gone?"  Astrid asked her two year old daughter.
    "Yeah!"  Zephyr said excitedly which made the three adults laugh.
    "Thank you for watching her, Mom,"  Hiccup said and wrapped his arm around his wife.
    "Oh she's no trouble at all, I'm always happy to see my granddaughter,"  Valka replied and smiled at Zephyr.  "You two go enjoy your night off."
    "We will,"  Astrid said with a smile as they walked away.
    "Mama?"  Zephyr asked and pointed at the door.
    "She'll be back,"  Valka said and kissed her granddaughter's head.  "You get to stay here and play until they get back."  Zephyr looked up at her and tried not to cry.  It wasn't that she didn't love her grandma, but she had been spending a lot of time at home with Astrid lately since she had just gotten over being sick.  "It's okay, she'll be back. How about we look at your favorite book?"  Zephyr smiled and sniffed away the rest of her tears.
    "Yes please,"  she said shyly.  Valka put Zephyr on the couch and went to get some books for her to look at.
    "Toothless!"  Zephyr clapped excitedly when she saw her father's old sketchbook.  Valka couldn't help the laugh that came out.  She was so much like Hiccup and it made her feel like she was watching him grow as well.
    "Well aren't you a smart girl.  Do you know who's book this was?"  The little girl thought for a minute and looked at the book, then the biggest smile came on her face.
    "Dada!"
    "That's right!"  Valka said and flipped through the pages.  She found the picture she was looking for and showed it to her granddaughter.  "Now I wonder who that is?"
    "Mama!"  Zephyr exclaimed and pointed at the drawing of Astrid.
    "I kind of figured you'd know that.  You love your mommy and daddy don't you?"  Zephyr reached for the book and hugged it.  She began to rub her eyes which was Valka's cue to get her to bed.  Thankfully, Zephyr was easy to get to sleep.  She would just snuggle into you and soon fall asleep.  She was a deep sleeper too, which made it easy to move her to her bed.  After putting Zephyr upstairs, Valka went back to looking through Hiccup's drawings.  So much of his childhood was in his notebooks and she never got tired of looking at them.  She still regretted not getting to see him grow up but she was so happy that she got to see the man he became.  Before Zephyr was born, Valka was sort of hoping for a boy, but now she wouldn't trade her precious granddaughter for anything.

    I'm having a bit of writers block but that won't effect my stories here, just on Instagram.