Telling the Parents

I still love rtte hiccstrid so much but I really wanted to see their parents reactions when they found out they were dating. Since it doesn't exist, I wrote it myself😂

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Hiccup asked as they stood outside Astrid's house. They had come back to Berk to finally tell their parents they were dating.
"I'll be fine I promise," she said with a reassuring smile. "You just focus on telling your dad." She reached up and kissed him quickly before going inside.
"Astrid? Is that you?" Came her mom's voice. Ingrid walked out of the kitchen and a smile immediately came to her face. She pulled her daughter into a tight embrace and Astrid didn't complain one bit. As much as she loved living on the Edge, she still missed seeing her parents. "Let me look at you." She pulled back to look at how much her daughter had grown. She seemed to especially notice the smile on her face. "You look happy," she said with a gentle, motherly smile.
"I am happy, probably too happy if I'm being honest," Astrid replied and shrugged a little.  "Is dad here? I want to tell you about everything that's been going on lately."
"We know about the volcano and all that. It was in the terror mail Hiccup sent back to the village." Astrid bit her lip nervously.
"No, this is something else." Ingrid raised an eyebrow but went to get her husband anyway. Astrid sat down on the couch, her legs bouncing nervously. After another few minutes, Ingrid came back with Asmund close behind her.
"There's my girl," he said and hugged her tightly. "What brings you home? You're not hurt are you?"
"I'm fine Dad, in fact I've never been happier," Astrid replied and smiled widely. They looked at her curiously. "Please sit down, we have a lot to talk about." They sat on the couch and she sat down on a chair. She didn't know why, but suddenly she was nervous. They would be happy for her, wouldn't they?
"So in the middle of all the fire and defeating the dragon hunters thing, we had a really bad storm and I lost my eyesight for a few days." Her parents gasped. "I'm fine now thanks to Hiccup and Gothi."
"Hiccup?" Ingrid asked, obviously not understanding how he helped get her sight back.
"He stayed with me until I could see again. Even when I doubted myself he reminded me that I was still a warrior whether I could see or not." She quickly looked down, feeling the heat rising to her cheeks, and she hoped her parents couldn't see it.
"But what is this really about?" Asmund asked suspiciously. Astrid took a deep breath and looked up.
"We're together now. He asked me shortly after I got my sight back," she said and was relieved when both parents were smiling widely.
"That's wonderful news!" Ingrid exclaimed. "We've been waiting to hear that for several years now."
"Wha- you have?"
"Oh it was obvious that you two were meant for each other," Asmund chimed in, quiet enjoying his daughter's bewilderment.
"Was it really that obvious?" She asked, almost shyly which was definitely out of the ordinary for her.
"To everyone but you two," Ingrid answered with a chuckle. "But at least you're together now, and I can tell that you're happy which is what really matters to us." Asmund nodded in agreement. Astrid threw her arms around them both.
"Thank you, for everything," she said softly. She was grateful her parents were so supportive of her and her relationship. "You're really okay with it?" Her parents pulled back and smiled at her.
"We couldn't be happier. Now then, I'm sure you want to find out how Stoick reacted since I'm assuming that's why Hiccup isn't here, so why don't you go find him," Ingrid said with a smile. Astrid nodded and ran outside to find Hiccup waiting for her.
"So, do I need to hide from your parents?" Hiccup asked with a slight smile.
"Only if you want to avoid being hugged to death," Astrid replied and kissed his cheek. "How about Stoick, how'd he take it?" Hiccup chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.
"Well let's just say I think he's praying for grandchildren now." Astrid burst out laughing.
"I mean who knows what the future may bring," she teased before running off and jumping on Stormfly with him following close behind on Toothless. Little did they know that their parents had come outside and were watching them.
"They will lead Berk well," Stoick said with a proud smile.
"Berk will definitely have a new kind of leadership with them," Asmund agreed. One thing was for sure, the future Chief and Chieftess would have the constant support of their families no matter what.