Meet ____ Haddock part 5

Meanwhile downstairs, Zephyr sat nervously beside her grandma.
"You want to tell me what's wrong, or do you want to keep pretending I didn't notice?" Valka asked tenderly and wrapped an arm around her.
"I'm scared the baby is a girl," Zephyr admitted and rested against her.
"Why would that scare you?"
"What if they don't love me as much? Or they forget about me?" Valka smiled sadly and hugged her tightly feeling tears seep into her shirt.
"Oh Zephyr, I promise you that your parents will never ever stop loving you. No matter if the baby is a boy or a girl, it doesn't effect their love for you." She sniffled and looked up at her.
"Really?"
"You're their firstborn and that makes you very special, and Nuffink is the first son which makes him special, and the new baby is the youngest which makes them special. You're all special in your own way and you are each loved in your own way too."
"Thanks grandma," Zephyr said gratefully. After another minute or so, Nuffink came running downstairs with Hiccup close behind.
"It's your turn Zephyr!" Nuffink said excitedly and jumped on the couch on the other side of Valka.
"You ready?" Hiccup asked gently. She nodded and hopped off the couch, following him upstairs. He opened the door and let her go in first.
"Hi Zeph," Astrid said gently. She practically ran into her mothers arms and stayed there, never wanting to leave. She kissed her head and ran her fingers through her hair. Hiccup sat quietly beside them, not wanting to interrupt the moment, but unfortunately Zara didn't feel the same way and let out a loud cry. Zephyr tentatively looked down at the baby, suddenly nervous again.
"Shh it's okay sweetie," Astrid shushed gently and bounced Zara with her free arm. "This is your big sister."
"Zeph, meet your baby sister," Hiccup said quietly, a hand resting on her shoulder. She took in a breath and released it very slowly.
"What's her name?" She asked after a minute.
"Zara," Astrid answered. "You want to hold her?" She nodded and after Astrid situated her arms she needed no further assistance.
"I'm not the only girl anymore." Hiccup and Astrid looked at each other with worried expressions.
"Zephyr, your dad and I want you to know something. Just because you're not the only girl anymore doesn't for one moment effect our love for you. We're going to need you more than ever to help her."
"Me? Why me?" Zephyr asked, not understanding how she could be of any help. She was three when Nuffink was born and knew nothing about how to take care of a baby.
"Because she's going to look up to you and want to be just like you." Her eyes widened and she looked up at her mom.
"She will?"
"There may be times when she's older that she won't want to listen to us, but she will listen to you," Hiccup said and hugged her. "Nuffink will be her protector, but you will be her mentor. We're already so proud of you and we know that we will always be able to rely on you." Zephyr was close to tears as she looked back at her sister. She hadn't thought about what she would be to her new brother or sister, but now she was starting to understand.
"Our names match," she said softly after a few minutes. Her parents smiled and hugged them both.
"That way no one can deny that you're our girls," Hiccup said and kissed her head. Zara opened her eyes and looked up at them. Astrid expected her to cry, but surprisingly she was very calm in her sister's arms.
"Who does she look more like?" Zephyr asked curiously.
"She actually looks quite a bit like you," Hiccup said after a minute. "Her eyes might change, but right now it's like we're back in time nine years ago when you were born."
"You've grown so much," Astrid said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "I miss my little baby girl."
"Now you have two girls," Zephyr said, looking up at her mom with a smile.

At the moment this is the last part, but I'm definitely not opposed to writing one more part. Mainly because it will look nicer on my Instagram feed😂 Thank you sooooooo much for all your support on this book. It's up to 33k reads now😱 That literally blows my mind that so many people are reading my stories. It means so much to me to know that you're enjoying them.  Have a blessed week😀