Rebuilding

New Berk was slowly but surely becoming a reality. New homes were being completed everyday and despite missing their dragons, the new island was starting to feel like home.
"I can't wait till all of this is over," Hiccup sighed, flopping down in a chair in the newly finished Great Hall. That was one of the first buildings to be finished and anyone who wanted to was invited to sleep there until their houses were finished. As Chief, you may assume that his home would be finished very early, but he insisted that his be the last one worked on. This was mostly because he wanted to make sure his people were taken care of first, but also because he was still designing it.
"Well most of the houses are done so hopefully just a few more weeks," Astrid replied sitting on the ground beside him, her back against the wall. "Speaking of, have you finished designing ours yet?" It still made her stomach flutter whenever she thought about their home.
"Almost, I just want it to be-"
"Perfect?" He smiled at her before grabbing his sketchbook. "Do I get a peek?"
"For once yes, because I need your opinion," he replied, moving down to the floor beside her. "I have most of the house layout done but...."
"But what?" She asked, not sure what he was hesitating about.
"I know we've talked about kids before but"
"Ohh, I- I see why you wanted my input," she said, her voice coming out a little more uncertain than she meant it to. It wasn't that she had changed her mind about wanting kids, it just kind of hit her how soon that could be.
"I mean we don't have to add anything, I could just make sure to leave enough space around the house so it could be added onto at some point," Hiccup offered. Astrid thought for a moment before responding.
"I mean, a Chief's house should have a guest room. But if there were to be a more uh permanent guest then they'd already have a room." Hiccup nodded and after a moment's thought, started drawing.
Astrid watched him but her mind was still focused on the fact that her life was about to drastically change. Once their house was done, they would finally get married and sure they weren't planning on kids anytime soon but it was a possibility.
"How's that?" He asked after a few minutes. Astrid looked at the drawing and smiled widely.
"It's perfect."

(One year later)

"And this is exactly why we built this extra room," Hiccup laughed as he and Astrid cleaned up the "guest room". Of course as they suspected, that room was going to be used by a more permanent guest.
Astrid smiled, shaking her head as she looked around the room. They had already started building a smaller room right off their bedroom so the baby could be closer to them until he or she was a little older.
"You know I just realized, our baby will be part of the first generation of New Berk," Astrid said, her hand subconsciously resting on her still small bump.
"Well then they'll get to help build our new home," Hiccup replied, walking over to her. "But I will make sure our child gets to see Berk as well. After all, that's still our history, we're just starting a new chapter of it."

Oh my gosh thank you so much for 200k reads😱😱 I genuinely never thought this many people would be interested in what I write. Even though I don't really write much anymore I am so grateful for those of you who are still reading my stories. This is one I had written awhile ago so I'm sorry that it's kind of short, but I wanted to give you something to say thank you.