The Reveal

I posted a one shot awhile back called The House. This is the long overdue part two😄

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Astrid asked impatiently. They had taken a week of vacation after their wedding, and while they were gone the final touches were added to their house.
"Almost there," Hiccup chuckled. He was almost excited as she was. He had been waiting for months to show her their house and now it was finally time. He led her toward the house, making sure she didn't trip.
"If we don't get there soon you're going to have to carry me the rest of the way," she said impatiently.
"If it helps, I can see it," Hiccup replied and kissed her cheek.
"Does that mean I can look now?"
"Just be patient." She groaned, but didn't open her eyes.
"Your lucky your cute," she said though he could tell she was still annoyed. After what felt like forever to her, they were finally standing in front of the house.
"Okay, you can look now." She opened her eyes and once they adjusted to the light she couldn't help the gasp that escaped.
"But this- this is the-"
"The house we worked on a lot? That was the plan," Hiccup said proudly. "I knew that you'd never suspect a house you worked on."
"It's beautiful, it's even better than I could have pictured," she ran inside and looked around at the carvings, tapestries, and furniture. "How did I not realize that this was our house? It's perfect. But it wasn't even close to being finished last week."
"I had them finish it while we were gone," he explained simply. "Of course we still have some things to add but its only a few minor details." Astrid ran upstairs and stared in shock at how beautiful their bedroom was. There were intricate carvings of Toothless and Stormfly on the four bedposts, and hidden all over the rest of the house.
"How could there be anything else to add?" She asked when he came upstairs. "Hiccup, this is amazing. I couldn't have dreamed that it could look this beautiful." She sat down on the bed and looked out the window, tears forming in her eyes.
"Hey, what's with the tears?" Hiccup asked, coming to sit beside her.
"This is our home. Not yours or mine, ours. I still can't believe it." She traced the carvings of their beloved dragons and best friends. Hiccup rested a hand on her shoulder, and she instinctively leaned against him. "I wish they were here," she said sadly.
"Me too," Hiccup replied and kissed her head. "But they're safer now." She nodded and wiped away a tear that threatened to fall. This subtle movement did not escape Hiccup's notice and he hugged her tightly.
"At least I still have you," she said, looking up at him with a smile.
"You're stuck with me now," Hiccup replied with a hint of pride in his voice. "I have one more surprise that might cheer you up a little."
"Another surprise?!" She asked with a laugh.
"You have to close your eyes first." She rolled her eyes but reluctantly obeyed. She heard a strange creaking, but not from the floor, from the ceiling.
"Okay, lay back and open your eyes," Hiccup said and sat back down beside her. She lay back, noticing how comfortable the bed was, before opening her eyes. After her eyes adjusted, she saw a huge hole in the ceiling with some sort glass panel covering it. Then she realized that she could see the clouds moving overhead.
"How did you do that?" She asked not taking her eyes off the sky.
"Let's just say I couldn't really sleep the nights leading up to the wedding," Hiccup replied laughing at himself. "I know how much you liked flying off to other islands and falling asleep under the stars, so I thought why not add the closest thing to it to the house." She finally looked over at him and realized that he'd been staring at her the whole time.
"You're amazing, you know that," she said softly and pulled him down so she could snuggle against him. She quickly fell asleep and Hiccup just stayed there, gently running his fingers through her hair.
"You're the amazing one," he whispered before falling asleep himself. They were finally home.

I'm so sorry my uploading schedule has been all over the place lately, but I promise I'm not losing interest in writing or hiccstrid. School, work, and dance all started close together so I'm still trying to figure out how to balance everything. I've got some really cute one shots that I've been working on I'm just stalling on finishing them😄 I'm definitely a perfectionist especially when it comes to my writing. I want each story to have the perfect ending and that's usually the hardest part for me to figure out. I'm hoping I'll have another one ready by next weekend but if not then probably the next weekend. I hope you have a blessed week😀