18.

Song recommendation: Big Black Car by Gregory Alan Isokov
-

I was waiting outside my apartment for Styles to pick me up, and I was horrified.

"You'll be okay." Niall rubbed my lower back, trying to calm my shaking body.

I was sweating, feeling feverish, and my hands were shaking so much. I'd asked Niall to come home with me that night so that I wouldn't freak out. It didn't work. He'd stayed with me, but it only made me dread leaving him so much more.

"Where is he?" I frantically checked my watch.

"He's not supposed to be here for another three minutes." Niall told me. "Be patient."

"I don't want to be patient. I want this to be over with." I could feel a ball of rock hard stress hitting my chest and sticking there, like a grenade ready to blow up.

"Look at me Phil," He turned me to face him, making the cool spring wind blow my hair in my face. He immediately brushed it away. "You are smart. I am smart. Styles is smart. The three of us together can get through this."

"I told you to not get your hopes up Niall." I wouldn't meet his gaze.

"You're more than capable of handling this babe." He assured me.

I nodded.

He looked shocked.

I didn't correct him.

I didn't have the effort to.

His hands circled around me and massaged my shoulders.

"You're always so tense." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I mean I'm going undercover in the mafia." I muttered. "Namaste dickhead."

"Whoa, relax." He kept his hands massaging my shoulders, releasing the tension that had been building up for days. "Just think," his voice got lower and quieter. "As soon as you get back. We will have the best sex of your life." His eyes grew dark. "My shower fits two if that's what you're into."

"Who says I'd let it happen more than once?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Ouch." He looked offended, but I don't think it was genuine. "That's a whole new thing for me to worry about." He huffed, then his demeanour shifted back into slow and sexy. "But considering the way you screamed my name I'd think differently." 

My eyes went wide.

"I- shut up."

Before Niall could embarrass me any more, a black Range Rover pulled up in front of my apartment. It was Styles. Thank god. The window rolled down to reveal him looking like he's been living like a millionaire. Which he was.

"Ready for this?" He pushed his sunglasses up on his head.

"I don't have a choice." I squinted through the glare coming off of the hood of the car.

"So true." He seemed nonchalant and tired. "You can throw your stuff in the trunk."

I turned to Niall, who had carried my suitcases down from my apartment. It was finally hitting me that I might never see him again. I'd never see his ocean blue eyes, I'd never feel his warm leather jacket, and I'd never be able to get pissed at him for always touching his hair.

He threw my bags in the back of Styles' car and came back beside me with a weird amount of silence.

"Fuck it." I muttered before wrapping my arms around the back of his neck and pulling him in to kiss me. It was difficult because he was so much taller than I was, but I managed. His arms circled around my waist and held me close to him. I kissed him like we were never going to touch again, which was a very real possibility. I didn't want to pull away from him, but I had to. I knew I had to leave. He pressed his forehead to mine, but kept his eyes closed.