74.

Song recommendation: Hayloft by Mother Mother
-

"I'm going to call my dear friend's floral supplier and I'll order ten thousand white roses, then we'll decorate the pews and rafters with silk and crystal." Naomi held her clipboard close to her chest as she walked down the aisle of the church at top speed.

"I'm not sure-"

"I've got a genuine silk supplier. We'll get you real silk imported from India. It'll be divine." She assured me, not looking back at Niall and I who were struggling to keep up with her pace.

I looked at Niall who had a glint of panic in his blue eyes. We were losing control of our own fake wedding very quickly. That wouldn't fly if we're meant to infiltrate the church with police officers in a week. I held onto Niall's arm, staying close to him as Naomi proceeded to explain how she wanted to get new lighting sources in the church so that it seemed more romantic, rather than the soft lighting that the church already had.

"So the minister will be here," Naomi led us up to the altar that was adorned by chalices and a single bible. "He will be in tomorrow if you two would like to speak with him about vows and such. But moving on-"

"Actually Naomi..." Niall interrupted her rambling explanations. "We've made previous arrangements to have Arabella's brother officiate the wedding."

"Alexander?" Naomi stopped walking for the first time in fifteen minutes, then turned to face us with a concerned expression. "You don't want a minister?"

"Alex is an ordained officiant." I explained. "I'd just like my family to be more involved, considering my brother will be my only family member attending the wedding."

"I see." She sounded skeptical, like she was studying my morals. "You are aware that this family takes our religious practices very seriously?"

"I respect that." I challenged. "But our personal wishes are to have my brother officiate the wedding. I'd like to see that be carried out, please and thank you."

She paused for a moment, looking me up and down as if her approval rating of me had just dropped significantly.

"Very well." Her eyebrows arched, giving off the impression of acceptance which was obviously forced. "I will communicate that to the minister."

She turned and continued walking around to the side aisles, ordering her assistants to double check their measurements of the balconies and pews. The assistants simply nodded in compliance and measured the area for what I assumed was the millionth time, and I wouldn't doubt that Naomi would come around in another five minutes and order them to triple check. For now, she had proceeded to the balcony where the organist was cleaning her instrument from the morning's church service.

Naomi's frantic planning left Niall and I standing at the altar alone with no objectives left in the church. I let go of his arm, feeling a sense of relief, being able to drop my 'pleasant bride' persona.

"This is really happening." Niall stared at the altar, stepping towards it, his face void of all emotion.

"It's all starting to feel sort of real now isn't it?" I laughed softly.

"It is." He whispered. "But I don't think this is how I'd do it."

"No?" I stepped closer to him, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"You're not religious are you?" He turned his head to look at me.

"Not really." I shook my head.

"So when we do this for real, you're okay with ditching the church?" A smile crept onto his face.

"Let's get through this first, then we can talk about it." I patted him twice, then left him standing there.