70.

Song recommendation: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift
-

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine."

"She's been out for three hours, shouldn't she be waking up?"

"Three hours is nothing, give her like six more then we can think about her waking up."

"Six? I didn't plan on being gone this long."

"Nobody will miss you kid, don't worry about it."

"But I-"

"Shut up."

"She's drooling."

"Gross."

Yeah no fuck that.

My eyes creaked open, the feeling of consciousness rushed into me almost like it had forgotten it was supposed to be there in the first place. At first my vision was clouded, I blinked a few times as I tried to remember where I was when I'd been attacked. I remember the precinct, I remember being in the evidence locker... and Louis. The snitch. What if he knew I was in there, and what if he was the one who'd attacked me? I didn't think he'd be the type of guy who would attack a fellow detective, but then again I also didn't place him as the type of man to betray his friends' trust. I thought I knew his story, I thought I trusted him, but people are shady by nature, and if you can trust anyone in the world, it's yourself. That's all.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly, attempting to clear my vision to see where the hell I really was. I could tell that I was warm, and I could smell a fire. Whoever kidnapped me liked to keep their hostages cozy. Eventually, I could make out the shape of a man in a black baseball cap, wearing sunglasses and a bandana to cover his face, and beside him was a curly head of chestnut hair, and sleeves of strategically placed tattoos. Styles and Gorilla.

I was either safe, or in terrible, life-threatening, danger.

"What the fuck?" I rubbed my pounding head as I sat up, realizing I was situated on a soft couch, with a fluffy pillow underneath my head. I looked around, recognizing my location as a cabin in Montauk. I'd never been to this specific cabin, but I knew it was Montauk. I just had a gut feeling.

"You're awake." Harry looked away from the dark window back at me.

"Yeah I'm fucking awake. What am I doing here?" I squinted at the tall detective. "More importantly, what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." Gorilla said calmly.

"Talk?!" I scoffed. "Does talking really require drugging me- again?"

"You would've said no if I'd approached you otherwise." He shook his head, attempting to give a rebuttal to my argument.

"I would've been a lot less scared! Plus you do realize it's illegal to stalk people right?"

"I was merely waiting for the right moment."

"Awh fuck you man." I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment.

"Hey, uh..." Harry interrupted my bickering with the ape. "I think we should talk in private for a minute."

"You think so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We have some decisions to make." He glanced nervously at Gorilla.

"I guess we do." I looked to the floor and nodded.

We needed to blow our cover.

Harry walked over to me and outstretched his hand. I took hold of it. It was clammy and warm. Was he nervous? He pulled me up and helped to support me while I collected my balance by keeping a hand around my waist. I felt a little lightheaded, but otherwise I didn't feel too bad. I guess my body was getting used to all the unwanted narcotics I'd been put under in the last year. Harry and I walked slowly to one of the rooms off to the side of the main area. I assumed it was a bedroom.