57.

Song recommendation: Love in the Dark by Adele

TW// mentions of Sexual assault.
-

Something was wrong.

Something was very wrong.

I had forgiven Niall hadn't I? Why did I still feel so angry? Why was I still scared to sleep beside him? Why was I questioning his love for me?

It's because I saw another girl kissing him. That's why.

I felt like I'd been stabbed in the back, even a day later. This shouldn't have been something that I was so upset about, I trusted Niall with my life, and he'd professed his love to me less than an hour before the incident. I didn't know why I was upset but I was.

I found myself becoming colder towards him, not intentionally of course, but it happened.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he was changing from his work clothes into sweatpants.

"Yeah." I replied mindlessly, scrolling on my phone through instagram posts that I'd already seen today.

"Are you sure? You've been quiet lately." He sat down beside me on the bed.

"Nope. I'm good." I shook my head.

"Philly I don't believe you."

"Hm." I replied.

If anyone wasn't believing, it was me. It was stupid, but I didn't believe he was sorry.

"Ophelia look at me." He grabbed my jaw and gently turned my head towards him, forcing me to look him in the eyes, something I'd been avoiding.

"What do you want from me?" I glared at him.

"I want to know why you've become so cold all of a sudden?" He told me, his voice soft, and kind.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Ophelia Carter, what is your problem?" He demanded, more frustrated than anything.

"I don't feel good, okay?" I broke, the heartbreak in my voice shining through, clear as day.

"What do you mean?" He let go of me. "Are you sick? Do you need anything?"

"No Niall, I don't feel good about us." I shook my head.

"Oh." His expression turned sad. "I thought we-"

"So did I." I shook my head, pounding from stress.

"Well what's the matter? What are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling hurt." I told him blatantly. "I feel betrayed. I'm- I'm sad."

"Philly I swear I didn't do anything with her." He looked at me through sad eyes, staying quiet for a moment as if he was nervous to tell me something. I waited for him to gather his thoughts. He let out a shaky breath once he'd decided. "She touched me, I had nothing to do with it."

"She kissed you." My voice cracked, meaning that tears were coming.

"I- I didn't want her to. She cornered me." He shook his head frantically. "I told her to stop, she did it anyway. She just kept going, even when I told her no."

"You can't prove it, and that's what scares me." I stared at my legs blankly, letting tears make spots on the sheets.

"I didn't push her away because I... I felt a weapon on her." He explained, his voice growing more scared by the syllable. "I remember that you told me how... how she seduces men and then kills them. She had a knife."