03

Grace

Last night when we got back up to the room we all took quick showers before completely crashing in bed. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, just thinking about Harry and getting to meet him. We should have taken a picture with him so we could always remember meeting him. Even though I doubt I'll ever forget that.

The British Museum was amazing. We got there when it opened at 10am and spent three hours walking around and looking at everything we possibly could. None of us are super big museum people, but they're fun when you're on vacation. I don't think I could ever spend a whole day in a museum though.

Nothing against museums, they really are awesome and full of so many cool things. It's more of a not wanting to stay in one place for too long kind of thing. If I had to look at everything in a museum, it would probably take me forever and multiple visits.

The weather has been great honestly. There's always the stereotype that London is always super rainy and gloomy but that hasn't been the case while we're here. Better for us anyway, nobody likes traveling in the rain.

We exit the building and walk down the large staircase. Holly and Elias are arguing over where to eat, but I checked out a while ago. It's not very important to me where we go to eat lunch. What's important to me is figuring out where we're going next after lunch. We still have no idea.

There's a little park further up on our walk to find a restaurant, so I decide to detour over through it. Holly and Eli have no objections since they're no closer to finding a spot for lunch. At this point we could go to McDonald's for all I care, as long as we actually get something to eat. It's like 1:30 and we had breakfast at 9. I'm ready for some food.

The park is small, so maybe it's more of a grassy area with benches. It makes sense that it's so close to the museum since people probably like to sit here and reflect on what they saw and talk about it with their group. Or for tourist groups, they probably reconvene in places like this.

With my camera, I take some video. It's the janky camcorder this time, not the film one, but if anything this one takes better videos. They just look so vintage and awesome, but not like 1900s vintage, like 1990s/2000s vintage which I sometimes think is so much better.

There are a few people on the benches, all busy with something. A girl talking on the phone, a stroller in front of her. A man intensely writing in a notebook. An older couple just sitting and talking to each other.

As we approach the exit for this little patch of grass, it sounds like Holly and Eli are coming to an agreement about finding a local place to eat instead of a chain restaurant from the US. We're in London, we shouldn't be eating stuff we could just get in the US.

"Grace!" a voice calls.

It confuses me at first, causing me to turn on my heels in search of where the voice came from. Sometimes I think people are calling my name, but it's really them using the word grace in some form. It happens a lot more often than you'd think. Holly and Elias turn around too, just as confused as I am. So maybe I'm not hearing things.

All of a sudden the man who was once sitting on the bench writing in his notebook is running over to us. As he gets closer, the fear that some stranger is possibly stalking me vanishes. It's Harry.

He has a hood up again, but with a hat on under the hood and different sunglasses. When he was buried in his book I didn't even recognize him. He blended right in with every other normal person. Once he's in front of us his lips turn up in a grin. "Hey." he says simply.

Okay, maybe I am dreaming up this whole vacation. There's no way he remembers us from yesterday. He must have met so many people yesterday. Plus it was only for like five seconds.