26

Grace

As the taxi drives us to the beach, my focus is out the window. I'm still thinking about what Holly and I talked about last night.

Am I really going to try this? Am I gonna let myself fall for him? This wasn't how this trip was supposed to go, but I guess it's better than still being upset about the break up with Jesse. But it's still so scary to have feelings for someone like Harry.

What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if he just wants to be friends? If I were to spill my guts to him just for him to turn me down, I would be so embarrassed.

Maybe I'll just wait until the end of the trip. I could enjoy my time with Harry, and then right before we board the plane I'll tell him I like him and when he says he doesn't feel the same way, I'll just run onto the plane and hope the plane takes me back to New York as fast as possible.

But for right now, I just have to act normal. Like nothing has changed between us. We're just Harry and Grace, best friends forever.

Harry claims he's been to this beach before the last time he was in Barcelona. Hopefully it's not too crowded because I don't want him to get noticed. If someone walks up to him asking for an autograph someone's gonna have to hold me back from going after them.

I'm not wearing anything special to the beach, just a yellow bathing suit. It's a tie up triangle bikini with matching bottoms that tie on the sides. I just put a pair of black cotton shorts over it and Harry gave me the blue Hawaiian shirt he had been wearing last night.

It smells like him.

I look over when Elias cleared his throat. "So, what's the plan for the rest of the day?" he asks.

"Well beach day and maybe at around five or six we could head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner." Holly answers, shrugging. She's been the most excited about the beach day today. Back home she always drags me to the beach every weekend in the summer. We always try to get down to Florida for a week too since the beaches there are so much nicer.

"I'm excited for the beach. It's perfect beach weather." I smile, looking over at everyone.

Harry smiles back at me but quickly looks back down at his hands.

He's definitely really attractive, but I already knew that. He's wearing these super short, white swim trunks. I've never seen him in anything other than pants, and now I'm getting to see his full legs. They also have tattoos which I'm not surprised about.

I can't lie, the tiger on his thigh is really hot. It's hard not staring at it.

The white really brings out his tan skin. He has a tank top on, covering up the tattoos on his chest, but the ones on his arms are all out on display today. He also has a chain on with a cross. It's so simple but it definitely adds like 100 points to his attractiveness score.

The taxi pulls up to the beach, parking. We're planning on getting an Uber back to the hotel when we're done. We all get out of the car, Holly and I carrying backpacks that have been filled with beach towels, water bottles from the mini bar, an overpriced sunscreen from the hotel, and one of my cameras. It's a waterproof one so I could bring it into the water if I really wanted.

The beach isn't too crowded. It seems like the perfect place to spend the day honestly and Harry might have a good chance at flying under the radar.

Maybe this is gonna be a good day.

Once Holly pays for the taxi, we start to find a place on the beach to set up. We stay toward the more empty area, not wanting to be near everyone else. That's just asking for issues.