80

Grace

It's as if the sky is weeping for Harry and I. A part of me is hoping, praying that this rain turns into a monster storm, forcing all flights to be cancelled so I could have more time with Harry.

Saying goodbye to Gemma and Anne turned into a big mess. Everyone was in tears, even Harry and Elias. I've always hated goodbyes, but this one is especially brutal. I'm losing a sister, mother and soulmate all at once. I'm losing my home.

Holly and I sit in the back seat, holding each other's hand tight. Tears are silently falling here and there, but I'm trying my hardest to keep them in. Harry already is upset, and if he sees me crying like crazy he's going to feel even worse.

Time moved too fast. I was given Harry only to have him get ripped from my arms before I'm ready. It's not fair. I don't want to let him go.

When I met him, I had no idea how much he would mean to me. If I knew how much it would hurt to leave him, would I have made a different choice? I don't think so. Something tells me he was always going to be the one to lift me out of my darkness and show me a world where love exists. He was always going to pop into my life and change it forever.

Harry saved me. He saw this broken girl who swore off love and was settling for a lonely life and he fell in love. I wonder why he fell in love with me. Nothing about me changed, if anything I was the worst version of myself when I met him. I was closed off, combative, and ready to find something to complain about when he was just being kind.

I wish I would have opened up to his surprises sooner. He loves surprising people and seeing the look on their face when he finally gets to show them the thing he's been planning. I miss his surprises.

The airport comes into view and I can already feel my heart racing and the lump in my throat getting bigger. The tears are getting harder to keep at bay and I know the second I look into his eyes I'm going to break down into inconsolable tears. I want to be strong for him, but it's just not possible.

I tighten my grip on Holly's hand, trying to stay calm. Her grip tightens too, but I'm not sure if it's because she's also devastated to be leaving or if it's an attempt to comfort me. Either way, I hold onto her hand, closing my eyes. Maybe if I close my eyes and don't see the airport it'll just go away.

The car parks, and nobody moves. There's no sound of car doors opening, no listing off of a plan, not even the radio is on. There is just silence as the four of us prepare for our final goodbye.

Elias is the first to move, getting out of the car. I'm worried about him. He's always been horrible about leaving people. I just hope he handles this okay. I don't want him to hurt too much. I've already told Harry to make sure he texts with Eli privately all the time. We have a group chat going, but Elias is gonna need those private texts too.

I finally open my eyes, seeing Harry open the door and get out of the car. Unfortunately, it's Holly and I's turn. We're slow to get out of the Range Rover as the boys open the trunk. A few more tears fall from my eyes as Holly and I watch, taking our carry on bags.

I'm gonna have to put my carry on in the overhead bin myself. The thought of that knocks the air right out of my lungs honestly. He's really not going to be on this plane with me.

He's not going to be there to hold me through take off or landing and tell me stupid jokes to get me through it. He won't be there for our preflight round of shots. He's not going to be sitting next to me and joking about joining the mile high club.

He's just not going to be there.

Once the luggage is out of the car, that's when something catches my eye. On the handle of the designer Mickey Mouse luggage Harry put my things in are the luggage tag I bought in Paris and the little pink ribbon. He loves pink.