harry's 28 birthday

Grace

Waking up before Harry is like an Olympic sport. He loves getting up at the crack of dawn so he could go on a run and start his day, meanwhile I'm pretty well known for sleeping in if possible. Usually by the time I wake up, Harry's back, took a shower, read whatever news on his phone or book he's working on, and made us breakfast.

But today is his birthday and I'm not missing out on this.

It's my first birthday I get to spend with him. Our first real, important birthday. Granted, he celebrated my birthday with me in Italy over the summer, but that doesn't count too much since it wasn't my actual birthday.

I just want today to be special for him. He is in full control of what we do today, well, he's been in control of the last week. I was planning for a fun week at home, but he already surprised me with a trip to Paris, as if it's my birthday. I let it slide because I probably couldn't afford a big luxury trip to Paris and that seems like what he wants to do to welcome his 28th year.

We're staying in a cute apartment airbnb for the week, just the two of us. We're gonna stop in England before going home, just so we could spend a couple days with his family and celebrate with them. Last week we celebrated with everyone back in New York, which was really fun. We got wasted and went to a karaoke bar and honestly that was the best time we've had so far as a group.

Part of the reason Harry wanted it to be just the two of us was so that we could fly under the radar a lot easier. We're still not public as a couple, nowhere near close to being ready for that, so if we had Anne and Gemma and Eli and everyone join us in Paris, we would run the risk of being seen a lot easier. So far nobody's seen us here, which is great.

And if everyone joined us, we wouldn't be able to have sex as much as we are.

Carefully, I move out of Harry's arms, moving slowly so that he doesn't wake up yet. There's a very big chance he'll just wake up, but I'm praying that he's still tired from last night. Once I'm out of bed, I grab a shirt from the floor and throw it on real quick before quietly leaving the bedroom.

My window of opportunity to make him breakfast is pretty small, so I have to work fast. Thankfully we have some breakfast foods in the house, and I snuck away from him last night to get some croissants for the morning. I also got a little tart thing as a 'birthday cake' for the morning, but I know we'll celebrate with a real slice of cake later at dinner. I made us a reservation at a place we've been to before that I know will keep our location secret.

Today is about spoiling my favorite boy and making him feel as special as he makes me feel every single day. He hates the attention, which is hilarious considering how he loves when everything is about him, but he always gets all shy and embarrassed when we flip it on him and give him gifts.

It's still hard to wrap my head around how he's my boyfriend. Less than a year together and I just know that every February 1st I'm going to be rushing to make him breakfast before he could wake up. This day will always be filled with him telling me I'm doing too much, and trying to sneak his card to pay for dinner, which I'll never allow. It brings a smile to my face when I think about how I just know I'll be there for every birthday to come, and he'll be there for all of mine.

Breakfast consists of some fruit, namely strawberries and kiwis as a joke since his songs mention it, the croissants, eggs, bacon, and coffee. It's not super extravagant, but I also have like five seconds to make it since as soon as he recognizes that I'm not in bed he'll be up and wandering around.

I load everything onto a tray, grab and turn on the camcorder that was sitting on the counter, and rush to the bedroom door the best I could, trying not to spill anything. Just as I suspected, he's sitting up in bed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He looks surprised when I come into the room with breakfast, but breaks into a shy grin once I start singing happy birthday to him.