13

Grace

Everyone is silent on the car ride to the airport. Elias is half asleep in the backseat and Holly is just quietly listening to music on her headphones because she doesn't like the music Harry is playing in the car.

I look at the passenger's side of the window, feeling weird since it's supposed to be the driver's side in America. I'll just stick to sitting in the backseat of the cars from now on. Europe is weird.

Whatever playlist Harry has playing is really perfect for the mood. It's all pretty soft, slow songs. Nothing too loud or crazy for almost six in the morning. Luckily we're so close to the airport that we should be able to make the flight right on time.

The sun is starting to go up, which only brings me back to laying on that blanket in the middle of nowhere. If any of those songs he played last night come up on the playlist right now, I'm jumping out of the car. My eyes travel from the rising sun to Harry's hand on the gear shift.

His fingers are tapping along to the song, his eyes focused on the road. He looks cozy this morning in a pink hoodie and sweatpants. I think that's what he slept in honestly. That's a smart move. It's torture having to get ready for the day while you're half asleep.

I bring my attention back out the window, watching as we get closer to the airport. The sounds of planes landing and taking off are getting stronger as we approach. My stomach is starting to turn at the thought of having to go through another plane ride. We can't get to Italy fast enough, I need those trains.

Harry pulls up to the car rental place, parking the car in front. I almost forgot that he had to return this thing. When I get out of the car I stretch slightly, still kind of waking up myself. It's just so early and I could barely sleep last night.

I'm positive I'm going crazy at this point. Is this one of the stages after a break up? Yesterday I went from seeing Harry as a friend, then seeing him as more than a friend, then I hated him for a good few minutes and then he hugged me.

Most of the night was spent staring at the popcorn ceiling, trying to process all my emotions. Some of it was spent moping about my film career, or lack thereof. And then the rest of the night was spent imagining Harry's arms around me again. Every time my eyes closed to try and sleep, I was right back on that street, breathing in his cologne.

Now we're back to square one.

Harry takes our luggage out of the trunk, passing us each our two bags. The pink ribbon is still holding on strong on the handle, but maybe when we go to Paris I'll try and find a cute little luggage tag.

Holly, Elias and I all wait by the car while Harry goes in to hand in the keys and pay. I check the time on my watch, six on the dot. We should have about forty minutes to get to our gate. Maybe get a coffee before we board.

When Harry comes back out we walk across the street. Thankfully the airport is right at the same place as the car rental place, so we don't have to take a shuttle for like twenty minutes. We go through the doors and head to check in and check our bags.

Harry immediately tenses up when he enters the airport, nervous someone will see him and take pictures. He leaves his sunglasses on and his hood up as we get our boarding passes. It's sad seeing him have to take so many precautions just to have some privacy.

Once we're finally at the front of the line for security, I hand the TSA agent my boarding pass, ID and passport. After she checks everything over, I walk up to put my carry on, personal bag, shoes, phone, everything on the belt to go through the scanner.

I'm not gonna lie, the carry on bag is super heavy because of all the cameras and things inside of it. I can manage it for sure, but it's not fun having to lift it up and down. The luggage it's in is also pretty heavy on its own since it's more sturdy. I'm not putting my cameras in some cheap bag where they'll get ruined.