33

Grace

The car is definitely a tight fit with the five of us in here. Elias and Harry are sitting in the front, so they don't have to feel it. Holly wanted to sit next to Niall, so he had to sit in the middle seat. Which left me squeezed to the side, completely left alone with my thoughts.

Not exactly somewhere I want to be.

My thoughts are completely full of Harry. Nothing else. I'd like just one little thought about anything else, like being in Vienna, or Niall Horan sitting next to me. I'd even take a thought about my childhood, just as long as Harry isn't there.

My moonlight.

But as we drive to god knows where, all I can think about is Harry. His perfect hair. His giant hands. His cute accent.

His lips.

He almost kissed me last night. And I almost kissed him. I don't know where I got the courage to kiss his cheek like that. I would have never done that under any other situation. I think it was just the wine. Maybe because we were talking about compatibility and relationships.

Why were we talking about that? How did that conversation happen? I thought we were just gonna sit and talk about stuff like our first pets and how old we were when we tried alcohol for the first time. Possibly learn a little Italian.

Instead we talked about commitment and babies and past partners.

I never really said out loud before that I want to be a mom or that I want a commitment. Yes, I told people that Jesse and I would get married one day, but it was never immediate. It was always me saying we would get engaged and maybe one day down the road we would get married. I think in the back of my mind, I always knew Jesse and I would break up.

I just wanted someone to want me because my parents never did.

Now Harry's come into my life and he's got me talking about commitment and love and babies and my future. That's so terrifying. Of course I have strong feelings for him, and I definitely want to act on those feelings, but this is the scariest moment of my life.

The only other man I've ever loved before is Elias. My father never gave me the time of day so we never had a relationship. Eli was like my dad and my brother all rolled into one. He would be the one to walk me down the aisle if I ever got married. I don't even think I would invite my parents to my wedding. Not like they would show up anyway.

Why am I even thinking about weddings? Who said anything about getting married?

The car parks randomly in the middle of a field. Oh god Harry, what did you do now?

Harry gets out of the car after shutting off the engine, going around to the trunk of the car. We all get out of the car, looking around at the field.

I must say, it's beautiful. I thought the field in Dublin was beautiful, this is just ten times nicer. And probably a little cleaner since there aren't any animals roaming around. At least not that I could see.

I join Harry by the trunk while everyone else is getting out of the car. "Your surprise is another empty field?" I ask, running a hand through my hair.

He turns to face me, a big smile crossing his face. "An empty field in Vienna." he clarifies.

"Ohh.." I smile, nodding. "How dumb of me to think this was just an empty field." I joke.

He rolls his eyes playfully as he finally opens the trunk. The inside is packed full. Nothing else fits inside. There are easels, canvases, paint and other paint supplies. There are also Harry's two guitars and a basket, presumably full of food.