82

Harry

I miss Grace.

I miss her smile and her laugh. I miss her smart mouth and the way she rolls her eyes at me. I miss kissing her and holding her hand. Most of all I miss telling her how much I love her.

Watching her go through security and disappear from my view was the worst feeling. I wanted nothing more than to drop everything and go with her, but she needs to do this on her own. It's what she wants.

Hearing her beg for me to tell her to stay killed me. I was close to breaking down and telling her that she could stay with me forever, but that wouldn't have helped her. She needed me to give her that little push. It's time for her to heal.

I must have stood in that airport for an hour, trying to tell myself that she's going to be okay. She has Elias and Holly and they're not gonna let her get hurt or be too sad. It's just the initial shock of having to spend time apart for once and it'll pass soon. At least I hope.

The drive back home is quick and I honestly barely remember it. It's like I blinked and I was home. Hopefully I didn't cause any accidents or break any traffic laws. I sit in the car for a second, texting Grace that I'm home. She boards in about an hour and then she's gonna be off to New York.

Gemma left back home. Leo was in London this morning and so he came to pick her up and drive her back. Mum is supposed to leave in about an hour or so. She just wanted to make sure I'm okay before leaving.

I'm not okay, but I'm just gonna have to get used to being alone. At least now I have motivation to write again. I'll just spend every day writing love songs to Grace until I can see her again.

I get out of the car, grab my house key from the ring and walk toward the door.

"Mum, I'm back." I say, throwing the keys down on the table by the door. With a sigh, I slip my shoes off, thinking about Grace the entire time and how much she hates these shoes. A small smile crosses my lips as I think about what she would say if she saw them.

My mum is sitting in the living room and the tv is playing some talk show she probably loves. She looks over the couch to me, sighing softly, "Come sit with me, darling." she says, waving me over with her arms.

Jeez, do I look that sad?

Still, I go and sit with her, letting her pull me in for a tight hug. I rest my head on her shoulder, feeling like a little kid as she pets my head gently. "How was she?" she asks.

"It was horrible. But she left. She said she's gonna text me when she boards and right before take off. I'm gonna try and stay up so when she gets home she can call me." I say, sighing.

"Aww, darling, I'm so sorry. I know you love her." she sighs, trying her best to soothe me. I honestly just want to mope around.

"I told her, mum. That I love her. And she loves me too." I mumble. I wish I had told her sooner. It's not fair to her that I told her right before she had to leave. I wish I could have spent the last few days telling her just how much I love her.

Mum sighs, hugging me tighter, "I knew she would say it back. That girl looks at you like you painted all the stars into the night sky." she says, and I can hear the smile in her voice.

I like that. I'm sure I look at her the same way.

"I'm gonna marry her, mum. I just know it." I admit. I've never said that about anyone I've dated before, but Grace isn't just someone I'm dating. She's Grace. The love of my life.

Mum squeezes me, "If you marry that sweet girl I'll be the happiest mum in the whole world."

If I marry that girl I'll be the happiest man in the world. I'll never want anything else in life if I get to call her mine forever.