89

Grace

two weeks later

Holding Harry's hand, we walk around the Museum of Natural History. It's closed now, but Harry pulled some strings to get us in while it's empty. Somehow we've managed to go through these two weeks without him being spotted in Manhattan. I'm really glad about that, hopefully we can squeeze another week in.

I tried my best to convince him I didn't need to go to the museum once it was closed and that we could just put it off until we're a public couple, but I have to admit, it's like a dream getting to be in this museum alone. They're basically letting us take our time, which is insane.

Work starts in two days which is making me so nervous, but I'm also so excited. It's going to be the most amazing experience of my life. Well, next to that wonderful trip. Harry's been busy with work now too, constantly having to take phone calls or go into the office. I don't mind though, I've been just as busy.

Having Harry in New York has been just amazing. Once a week we all meet up at Elias and Katie's apartment to have a nice dinner and play games or watch movies. Harry wants to host the next game night, which means I'm gonna have to help him cook for everyone. We've all settled into a really nice routine together. And I've been spending lots of time in his apartment.

I've heard from my parents since they showed up, but I tried not to let it get to me. Easier said than done. I've also been to a therapy session in the last week, which was tough but honestly felt so good. Just venting to someone about my crappy life knowing that it's okay if I unload on them because it's what they're being paid to listen to really helped.

I have another session in a few days and I'm actually really looking forward to it. I had to bite the bullet and let Harry spend the money he wanted on the therapist, but he's been really letting me take the reins on this whole thing. Other than the money, I've had full control in picking my therapist. Still, he asked around to find out who was better but I had final say.

We walk around the fourth floor, looking at all the dinosaur fossils and things. I've never been up on this floor when it's empty like this. Usually this floor is packed with little kids wanting to see the dinosaurs.

"I don't believe in dinosaurs." I admit as we look up at the giant t-rex skeleton. I can feel Harry turn to look at me and I know he has a concerned look on his face.

"Elaborate?" he asks, walking with me to the next display. "Okay, well, you know these skeletons are ninety percent plaster and like ten percent actual bones? Maybe closer to ninety five percent plaster and five percent actual bones."

He shakes his head, completely not believing me. "Baby, they're really dinosaurs!" he argues.

With a laugh, I shake my head, "Pearl, read the information on the panel, it literally says which bones are real and that everything else is made up of plaster." I say, pointing to the little information tablet.

He reads it and I can tell when he reads that part because his face scrunches up a bit. He just shrugs, "Okay, so they had to give other bones to the other museums. Doesn't mean dinosaurs aren't real."

"Well, how do you even know if the real bones are really real? Maybe it's all plaster and they're trying to convince the world that dinosaurs are real?" I continue as we walk around the displays.

He chuckles, shaking his head, "I guess I see why you're skeptical of dinosaurs."

"They didn't exist babe! Now they're trying to convince us they had feathers. If we've known about dinosaurs for so long, wouldn't we have known they had feathers earlier?" I continue to argue.