45

Grace

"You did what?!" Holly exclaims.

I wasn't expecting that reaction from her when Harry told them he canceled the hotel and booked a villa. Usually it's the other way around. I'm the one who's pissed and she's the one telling me to just accept it.

Eli even looks a little annoyed about the whole changing from a hotel to a villa. Am I missing something here?

"I got us a villa for the next two days. It was a little cheaper than the hotel was, it's closer to the city, and we each get our own rooms. There's also a fully stocked kitchen so we don't have to keep spending money on breakfast or even lunch." Harry explains as he drives to the villa.

"I get that Harry, I really do. But we can't just let you pay for everything. It was funny at first but now it's just way too much. This was the first hotel where we all were splitting it even and now you canceled that." she argues.

This is what I was saying from the beginning but obviously nobody listened to me. Of course when I start to warm up to his spending habits it becomes a problem to everyone else.

"Well like I said, the villa was a little cheaper so all the money that went into the hotel is going toward the villa. And if you want, I won't pay for anything else in Florence. This could just be the three of you." He bargains.

My eyebrows fly up at him offering to not pay for anything. That has to be a joke. I mean, he's physically incapable of spending money. He's proven that time and time again.

"Will you let me pay for the rental car?" Elias suggests. This makes Harry purse his lips, considering the trade.

"Are you sure you want to pay for it?" He tries to see if he could sway Elias, but he's not budging.

"It's just a Range Rover, H. I could put the money down for it. Just don't mess up the seats." he says, not letting him get away with this.

Harry lets out a loud groan, "Fine! You could pay for the rental car. Fucks sake, you guys are intense." he says, shaking his head.

I laugh slightly, "We just want to be fair Harry. You've done so much for us and we appreciate it immensely. Let us do something for you."

He glances back at me in the rearview mirror. "Well you're saying that and not letting me pay for the stupid car." he argues.

I roll my eyes slightly, "You don't need to pay for everything. I know I call you sugar daddy but you aren't ours. You are our friend." I tell him.

"But if I can, then why wouldn't I?" he keeps pressing the issue.

"Harry. You aren't winning this one." I shake my head.

He smiles slightly, shaking his own head before he focuses back on the road. I turn my head to look at Holly, making a face as if to say isn't he crazy? But instead, I catch her staring intensely at the necklace. She has been staring at the ring since she first saw it this morning.

Okay, so maybe it's obvious that it's Harry's ring. It's also definitely a little suspicious looking since there's a ring on almost all his fingers except his left ring finger. She's also been staring at his empty finger a lot too.

But he didn't propose so I just need to make sure to underline that fact when she inevitably asks me about the ring. I wouldn't mind marrying Harry in a few years if things work out, but definitely not after only knowing him for like two weeks. We literally met two weeks ago today.

Two weeks of knowing Harry. Two weeks since our paths crossed. So much has happened in those two little weeks. Fourteen days. I didn't know it was possible to fall in love so quickly. Maybe I should give him fourteen kisses today. One for every day we've known each other.