06

Harry

I've never given friendships much thought. It's hard to know who's being genuine or who's trying to use me for my fame and money. That's probably why I stick to getting into relationships with girls and inserting myself into their friend group. Usually I fit in pretty well and we all get along until the breakup. Then we never speak again, at least not in the same way. It's always awkward staying friends once the girl and I don't hang out anymore. 

Even growing up, I left school for this life at such a young age, keeping up with friendships was never an option really. It's all just been work, work, work nonstop. I've made some friends along the way, the 1D boys, my band, but I've never had friends that want me for me. They're always just coworkers I'm around all the time. It's inevitable we'd become friendly after some point. 

Maybe that's why I've been so drawn to Grace, Holly and Elias the past few days. They're the type of friend group I always longed for. A close knit, carefree bunch. They seemed so fun to be around that first night we met, especially after seeing them laughing down the road as they went to the hotel. 

When they mentioned they were going to be at the British Museum, I took the chance and sat in a park for two hours waiting to see if they would pass by. I know that sounds stalkery. It kind of is, but I tried to get some writing for the next album done while I waited. It was a nice day and I had nothing better to do honestly.

 I wasn't even sure if they would go that way, there was a good chance they could have walked the opposite way and we never would have crossed paths again. Just as I was about to get up and leave, there she was with that camera, Holly and Elias bickering behind her. 

Grace. I had been so lost in thought that first night, I didn't even see her walking. It was a little embarrassing honestly, but at least she hadn't been paying attention either. She didn't make a fuss about me being famous, but she did seem caught off guard. Seeing her again later that night was just by chance, but I can't say I was disappointed to see her again.

Getting to know more about her yesterday and today has been so interesting. We actually have a lot in common which I hadn't been expecting. She's so sweet and kind and is constantly looking out for us. When she sees someone staring too long at me, she'd redirect us. It's like she knows I don't want all that attention on me right now. She just radiates this energy, I can't even describe it. I just want to spend more time with her. 

Holly and Elias too. They have been so cool and fun to be around. Holly was a little starstruck at first and didn't talk much to me. She would only whisper in Grace's ear or say some basic statement. But she got over that shock quick and she's actually really cool and very talkative. Elias is obviously very protective over his sister and her friend, but I would be the same way if I was in another country with Gemma and her friend. He's a really cool guy though when he lets you in. 

We all find something to talk about and it's just so easy. They don't ask about the music or my inspirations, or even about my money. They ask about me. What my favorite music is, what I love most about London, how old I was when I had my first sip of alcohol. 

They don't ask about my cars, or my apartment. Most people would ask how much the car cost, or what other cars I might own. Maybe even ask to see them all. But they just get in the car like they're used to it. I mean, yeah, I've noticed their looks of awe when they first see the car, but they don't make a big deal about it. Elias didn't even go there when he was asking about the car. He just wanted to know about the vehicle. Nothing else. 

They don't even want me to pay for things although I offer. Anyone else would expect me to pay and wouldn't even take out their own wallets. It was a battle getting them to let me buy them some lunch today. It wasn't even expensive to begin with, but they purposely got the cheapest things they could find. They just treat me like a person. It's so refreshing.