11

surprise!

Grace

We've been driving further into Ireland for what feels like hours. In reality, it's only been about an hour and fifteen minutes, but I'm just the worst when it comes to long car rides. Boredom usually sets in within the first few minutes, no matter what music is playing. Especially when I spend the entire car ride looking out the window. At least Ireland is beautiful to look at.

Speaking of music, we've moved onto the Thank U, Next album. Harry has surprisingly known most of Ariana Grande's songs, which is something I don't think any of us expected. He mentioned something about writing a song for her a while back, so I guess they're friends or something.

I'm starting to think that Harry has no idea where he's going. Hopefully he remembers the way back because the signal out here is definitely weak. I'm not sure we'd be able to pull up a GPS to head back.

By the looks of all the rolling hills, we're probably very far from wherever he's planning on taking us. It probably would have been smart to get a snack or something at the pub before we went on this journey. At least Holly seems to be having a great time singing along to whatever song was on.

Falling, falling,
But I never thought you'd leave me

Listening to the lyrics of this song isn't helping me. I'm not big on listening to Ariana. I've heard a lot of her songs before because of Holly, but I've never focused on the lyrics. Why do they have to be so relatable to my life right now?

Maybe I need to have a word with Miss Grande about relationships, she's obviously doing well for herself considering her last album was all about sex. I'd love to skip to the sex part.

In the middle of her singing about her disappointing boyfriend experience, the car shuts off. It's only then do I realize Harry's pulled off onto the side of the road and parked. It takes everyone by surprise, Holly especially since she was jamming out to that song. Bless her heart that she's never had to deal with that and she could just enjoy the song.

Harry gets out of the car, going around to the trunk. Elias, Holly and I share a look of confusion. Does he want us to follow him? Did he blow a tire and we didn't realize? The music is pretty loud, but we probably would have felt it if he got a flat.

A tap on the back window catches our attention, turning us around to face Harry out the window. He motions us out of the car, starting to walk further into the empty field. As I take in the scenery more, I notice a herd of sheep. Where the fuck did he take us?

We hesitantly get out of the car, not sure what the hell he's up to. Maybe he is gonna kill us. Nobody would find us here.

Elias looks at Harry, confused, "So, what are we doing here?" he asks, everyone is obviously skeptical about being in a random field in Ireland. That may just be the New Yorker in us.

Harry just keeps his goofy smile on his face, gesturing out to the field. "Look at the view!"

We finally take the opportunity to look out at the field and it really is breathtakingly beautiful. There are hills covered in grass for as far as the eye could see. The sun is starting to go down, casting a golden light over everything it touches. My hands immediately go for my bag so I could get my camcorder out. I need to remember this forever.

Harry leads us further from the car and into the field. He's holding a folded up white sheet and a guitar case. "So, I figured since this vacation isn't about being tourists, we should do something most tourists don't do." he starts to explain as he looks for the perfect spot to set up.