65

Grace

The rich taste of Chardonnay fills my mouth as I take a sip, watching Harry as he takes the last bite of his food. It was a simple dinner, just some to go pasta and a caprese salad to share from a restaurant nearby. We still had some leftover cake from the boat that he brought with him. I'm not mad about that at all. I've kind of overloaded on gelato since we got here, so cake is a great substitute.

We set up a little picnic blanket at the beach we were at yesterday. It's still pretty early and the sun is going down, but it's nice. I really like this as a date. It's so private and special. No fans threatening to come and ruin the moment. He even brought his guitar with him in case he feels like singing, which I'm sure he will.

I'm glad we didn't get hammered on the boat. As fun as that would have been, I want to be sober for this date. Plus if Harry and I have a chance of having sex tonight, I don't want to be wasted. He's too much of a gentleman to have sex if we're super drunk. That's a good thing, but it's not something I'm used to honestly. Things with Harry are different, but in such a good way.

I reach over, picking at some of the leftover mozzarella cheese that's in the container from the salad. "Dinner was amazing." I note.

Harry nods, putting his wine glass down from his lips, "It was. That place has such amazing food." he smiles.

We never really talked about the sex thing. It kind of just happened and yes, I was ready for it and wanted it. I mean, I still want it. But it's probably something we should talk about. We only met three weeks ago. Now we're having sex and calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. Plus I have to find some way to bring up the whole condom talk. We just met and it would be a horrible idea for us to have a baby after three weeks of knowing each other.

It's quiet for a second as we pick at whatever's left in the containers and finish up our wine. The waves crash against the sand and it's all just so peaceful. I like this. I want this forever.

"You look so beautiful." he speaks, and when I look over, he's smiling at me. His eyes look so mesmerized just by the sight of me and he has this wistful smile across his face.

It's hard not to turn beat red and look away from him, down into my wine glass. Such a flirt.

"I'm serious. You look so beautiful. You always do. I need to tell you more often." he continues, just continuing to turn my face red and cause flutters to erupt. He has to stop calling me beautiful or else I might explode.

"Well thank you. You look very handsome, as always." I compliment back, finally looking back up at him.

He does. His hair is perfectly messy, with one ringlet falling down onto his forehead. His mustache is at a perfect length, not too long, but it's noticeable for sure and he's even got some stubble growing in against his jaw. He has this button down on, but the top few buttons are open to display his chest and cross necklace. It's light and airy, perfect for a picnic dinner in Italy. He has shorts on, letting his legs out for a change. The only thing wrong with his outfit are those god awful shoes, but even they're growing on me. What the hell has he done to me?

"So... Should we talk about us?" I ask finally, looking down at my almost empty wine glass. My question seems to confuse him as he furrows his brow and purses his lips.

"Talk about what?" he clarifies before he gets a look of revelation, "Oh... Talk about last night?"

I bite my lip hard, not wanting him to think I regret anything. "Harry, I just mean, we had sex twice and it's a big deal that we need to talk about."

He nods slowly, sitting up from his lounging position against his elbows. "Yeah, I mean. It's probably a good idea if we talked. I would totally understand if you don't want to have sex again, that's okay. I don't want to pressure you."